Sprite Jam the winner is...

Started by Mad, Mon 11/12/2006 07:51:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Mad

This weeks topic is...

...drumroll...

What if fruit and vegtables could walk, talk and... well... interact!?

Hmm, a bit lame I hear you say?
Well right you are and that's why the creativity is up to you!

So go and get planting...

EDIT: just a little inspirational piece:

Disco Broccoli

i k a r i

Maybe is a bit tricky to understand, the draws are awful I know  :-\

;D
QuoteWell, one think is not liking him, and the other is making humour of the retarder people!
Nacho speaking of Bush.

Khris

Butch Strawberry, not the sharpest tool in the shed, but he has other, more physical, qualities:

9 cols

Bubbles

my first sprite jam, so don't expect too much from me. 8 Colors.

Normal

Enlarged

Scroll Down
Beginner at Pixels

Khris

PSP7 says 11 colors, I can count 9 with my bare eye. And please remove the border.

EDIT: 4 shades of orange, 2 of red, gray, white, brown = 9 colors. There are three stray pixels at the (our) right side of his head that add two more colors.

Bubbles

Quote from: KhrisMUC on Wed 13/12/2006 00:11:34
PSP7 says 11 colors, I can count 9 with my bare eye. And please remove the border.

Huh, it is 8.  I know i used 8 colors, but PSP says otherwise. Im not sure why it did that. ANd I have PSP7 too. Maybe its bcuz I did this sprite on photshop.
Beginner at Pixels

Tuomas

see, it doesn't really matter since there doesn't seem to be a colour limit.

Gilbert

There're no size and colour limit as far as I know, it's all up to the starter of the competition.
One thing though, Bubbles, you don't need to enlarge the image manually, you can just zoom the image up using forum codes, like:

(just click "reply with quote" to read my post's codes and see how this can be done)

Bubbles

Ok, thanks guys. Now lets forget about this and wait for the other entries.
Beginner at Pixels

Krysis

A little rotten, but still as sweet...    Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  3x

Baron

The Erotic Adventures of 'B'..... :-*
                                                              2x

.....Sorry, couldn't resist.

Incidentally, I was very careful to use only eight colours, but when I converted it to a gif it said I had 11.  One of them is probably the transparency, and another might be the background colour that was cut out, but where's that other colour coming from?  (Just for future sprite jams where it might matter).

EDIT: Thanks Jim: based on your info I have determined that it's the tip of B's mustache that didn't get flood filled when I changed the shading ::).  Guess I'll have to be more careful next time...

EDIT x2: Well, it would matter if say there was an 8 colour limit next time.  I would assume that to be 8 +background and/or transparency (which I didn't know before).  Perhaps a clear list of rules/instructions/conventions could be published at the beginning of each contest to make conforming to the established norms easier for first-time Jammers (a la MAGS or, to a lesser extent, Animation Competition)....

JimmyShelter

Quote from: BaRoN on Wed 13/12/2006 17:56:16
Incidentally, I was very careful to use only eight colours, but when I converted it to a gif it said I had 11.  One of them is probably the transparency, and another might be the background colour that was cut out, but where's that other colour coming from?  (Just for future sprite jams where it might matter).

After in Photoshop changing back and forth between indexed and RGB colour, I get 4 yellows, 4 browns, white and transparant, adding up to 10 colours in the colour table.

Bubbles

Quote from: BaRoN on Wed 13/12/2006 17:56:16

Thaats the exact same thing that happend to me.
Beginner at Pixels

Steel Drummer

There's no colour limit in this sprite jam, so why bother?
I'm composing the music for this game:

Darth Mandarb

Have any of you ever wondered where life began in the universe?

What?  This is a competition board, not a general chit-chat board?  Hmm ... I couldn't tell.

Obi

ManicMatt

I hope the background is allowed.

Poor Tom was confused about his fooduality.

I didn't count the colours.  :)

Secret Fawful

Here's my entry, a Mexican Chile pepper sheriff.

:D

Mad

Ok, some really original entries there!

I'll give this another 8 hours or so and then I'll choose the winner.
so here it goes:

ikari: Nice idea, but you could have been more consistant on the outline.

KhrisMUC: Alot of character in there and great shading!

Bubbles: Cute! Is it an Orange Potter!?

Krysis: Excellent as always, this on in its minimalistic cuteness!

BaRoN: Someone was bound to do it and you did quite well at that.

Obi: Really cool in its own right...

ManicMatt: Great! Inspired! Sad! My three words and cents worth!

Fawfulhasfury: Superb! Great shading, a lot of character.

1st - Fawfulhasfury

2nd - KhrisMUC

3rd - Krysis

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk