Animation Competition: Jan. 22 - Feb. 4

Started by Postmodern_Boy, Tue 23/01/2007 00:15:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Postmodern_Boy

Theme----Japan: the video game
--- Use your knowledge of classic japanese video games (rpg or action) and/or anime to show me what life in japan might be like if the world was a video game.
--- you must use at least 2 of the sprites that I made, but you are also free to use any classic nintendo/super nintendo style sprites or backgrounds or make new original ones.
--- The bravest animation warrior will win the golden mecha-samurai award!

Second and third will win a silver and bronze mecha-samurai, and you know that you want your very own mecha-samurai, so enter and have funÃ,  ;D

Postmodern_Boy

this will be a short animation done in the style of old school game cutscenes, NOT a playable game itself.  entries will be short animations just like the previous round, the words video game only apply to the theme, so do not make the animations interactive.

Baron

So let's make a competition of this Competition, shall we?  I'm going to start work on my entry this evening.

nulluser

I have absolutely no skills in this department. Sadly, I won't be taking part, but I will commend your entries!

Bubbles

I feel sad how there hasn't been much entries so far, despite the great looking sprites. I might be able to pull off something, even if its bad.
Beginner at Pixels

Baron

Well, this was kind of rushed because I left it to the last moment, and there is a glaring error towards the end when the pixels don't line up, but I have to go buy beer and watch a hockey game so this is what you get:

:P

EDIT:  Well the beer helped my mental processes (as per usual) and I realized that all the distortion was from the background being mysteriously missized.  Here's the fixed version:

;D

Twirlly

It's not what I imagined but it's my entry. I didn't know what I was getting myself into being that this is my 1st animation competition so next time I guess I won't wait til the last minute.

I really don't understand why there aren't more entries with these wonderful sprites.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

Postmodern_Boy

I have to give 1st to BaRon because of the detail for the animation in the arms and face, and extra points for being in a sushi shop because sushi is favorite of mine and the only way I could enjoy sushi more is if it was prepared by a ninja!Ã,  ;D lol
The cool fight scene from Twirlly wins the silver ninja.
since mecha-samurai was not used in any animations, i changed the awards to the gold and silver animation ninja!Ã,  (if anyone still wants the original awards i still have them on my computer and will post) the new awards will be added to this post in a couple minutes
1st BaRon
2nd Twirlly
Thank you Twirlly and Bubbles for the comments on my sprites.
and thank you BaRon and Twirlly for entering the contest.

Twirlly

;DÃ,  Ã, O it feels so great to accept this award. Even though there were limited entries, I am so honored to have this trophy and I am eager to display it. Thank you Postmodern_Boy for providing such a good topic and characters. Don't feel down because of the small response to the competition, I think people were just intimidated.

Well, I guess I'm ready for BaRon to bring on the next one so I can improve my skills and actually complete walk and talk cycles this time(if applicable).
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

Baron

Wow!  I'd like to thank the academy for the nomination, my girlfriend Jen for her support and her insistance that the fish not get turned into sushi, and above all I'd like to thank beer for its thankless dedication to the cause.
Congratulations to Twirly for an excellent entry -the plot lines in this competition are really getting quite complex!  It's like we're making up for the loss of the old caption contest....  Anyway, this has caught me a bit off guard but I'll have another sprite & competition up and running by this evening.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk