Rabbit Bear and Chicken Jam anyone? (ends 4th Feb)

Started by Mr_Frisby, Sun 28/01/2007 03:42:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Frisby

Okay kids,

Here is the story -

A Rabbit a Bear and a Chicken are all best friends.
The do every thing together.
Get into Adventures, save the world from destruction . . ride scooters and heaps of other fun stuff too!!

This is a kind of Sprite jam game for y'all

Here is your mission - You must produce a sprite of at least one of the above mentioned characters, and you are allowed to make up to three sprites in total (one of each animal).
(you can even do one sprite of three animals if you like).

They are to be fun and easy to use in an adventure game but the catch is that they have to be completely original - they cannot look like something from another game.
If I or any of the fellow sprite jammers decide that it is too closely identifyable with an existing game (even an AGS game) then your entry is void!!

The winner is the person who comes up with the most origanal new style.

(I encourage entrants to make entries that closely resembly obscure adventure games and see if our jammers can pick them or not - points awarded for good fake outs too.)

Happy spriteing.

p.s. there are no real constraints to do with size and colour but remember if it is too complex to use in an adventure game (too highly rendered or giant ect.) then it wont count.

Fris B out.

Hey! All my awesome trophies dissapeared in the year since I was here last. CONSARN_IT! with an underscore!!! I earned dem tings!! Oh well. Hope your Monkey floats.

BOYD1981

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

Akatosh

biothlebop

Hell is like Tetris, make sure that you fit.

Twirlly

Yay my first Sprite/Rabbit Bear and Chicken Jam!!!

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

FruitTree

rabbit barely got away with his life on their last adventure trying to get the golden carrot back from Dr. platypus
unfortunately bear hurt his arm, chicken was clever enough to wear a helmet the whole time.

9 colours

2x

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I should spend more time on this, but I was inspired and just quickly made these guys.  I like the idea of three weird animals saving the world, so...

Since they would be easy for me to use in a game and I made them, there should be no problem with the sizes, etc...

vict0r

nulluser

I'd probably say TheJBurger, biothelbop and ProgZmax are the definite winners here. :)

Kweepa

For a moment I thought we were only going to get entries. Oh well.

Awesome sprites everyone - I particularly like the chickens!
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Mr_Frisby

Holey crap!!

I haven't had time to check since I first posted the topic.
These are all fantastic - this is a very vibrant looking jam!

More entries please . .

although I have no idea how I am going to judge this one.

Good work kids - keepum comin'

F
Hey! All my awesome trophies dissapeared in the year since I was here last. CONSARN_IT! with an underscore!!! I earned dem tings!! Oh well. Hope your Monkey floats.

Krysis

Chicky

Quote from: TheVintageDemon on Thu 01/02/2007 16:56:29
I'd probably say TheJBurger, biothelbop and ProgZmax are the definite winners here. :)

You're a twat, tbh. All of the entries so far are bloody amazing, go ruin the productivity?

my entry:

Mr_Frisby

Excellent!Ã,  Thanks for everyone who entered - this was a great jam and very hard to judge, but here goes :

= ProgZmax
(For the effort alone (very well conceptualised))
= Chicky
(i would love to see those in a game)
= Akatosh
(love those little thingies)

Pink scratch and sniff elephant stickers go to -

Krisis
Steve
biothlebop (whose spites I stole and made into trophies)

everybody else gets stickers that have strawberries on them but when you scratch them they smell like poo.
Thanks and goodnight.

Ha! Just kidding all the entries were fantabuloso and all deserve trophies.

Cheerio kids and congrats you should all be proud :)

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk