And Now For Something Completely Pixelled 2/4 - 2-11

Started by Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens, Sun 04/02/2007 17:00:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I thought I would try something different.  Your mission is to use the following palette and dimension restrictions:

80x100 and the 25 colors shown (this includes black)

And create precisely 1 of your favorite Monty Python and the Holy Grail characters.  Anything from King Arthur to Roger the Shrubber to the Black Knight, or even a Knight who says Ni is welcome.  If you don't have a favorite or don't know about the movie, google it for a few images.

The idea behind this competition is to restrict you all to the same palette and dimensions to see how individual styles come through, and perhaps someone could even use the sprites to make a game!

Go forth and be victorious.

Gamer_V

Diiiiinsdale!

I'm not that good at pixelating, and the lack of palette shows in the smoothness of Dinsdale's face. Which it isn't supposed to be. On top of that, it's neck is pretty bad. Ah well. I kind of like the 'hair' though. Might redo it if I have the time.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

where does spiny norman appear in monty python and the holy grail?  That IS spiny norman, by the way.  He's always looking for Dinsdale Piranha, a running gag in Flying Circus.

Gamer_V

Ah. That was rather stupid, I thought it was about Monty Python in general. but in my defense, I had just listened to the tiresome brain waves as seen in this thread. Anyhoo, here's a knight who says Ni! Or the knights who say 'ickiickiickiickipatangaipboing. Whatever suits you most.

BUT THERE IS A DIN.. Spiny Norman in The holy grail. See, he's right there on the left. It was easy to miss in the film. :P

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

I do believe spiny norman appears in the Quest for the Holy Grail *game*. Maybe it can still count as an entry? ;D

EDIT - Oh boy, I'm gonna loooove this thread!
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

esper

I have many names. But you may call me....

....Tim?
This Space Left Blank Intentionally.

Tiki

And thus begins the epic battle between esper and myself...

Sorry man, I didn't see yours until I had finished mine.

Edit:  Added full color version.  Obviously not an entry, but I like it better.

esper

I kinda had the feeling that everyone would do Tim. Are there any other characters in QftHG?

EDIT: I'm kind of at a disadvantage... I didn't know I could use black in the sprite.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Oh? What colour is that on your sprite's head?
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Kweepa

Dang! This was too much fun!

In production:

[EDIT] Added inventory items (not an entry).
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

esper

:D I like that one.

@Rui: It's one of the shades of blue... light blue, I might add. There's not a single pixel of black in my image.

Darth Mandarb

Boney

Sir Lancelot: Look, my liege!
[trumpets play a fanfare as the camera cuts briefly to the sight of a majestic castle]
King Arthur: [in awe] Camelot!
Sir Galahad: [in awe] Camelot!
Sir Lancelot: [in awe] Camelot!
Patsy:

King Arthur: Shh!

(EDIT: I removed the .jpg so now it looks better)

monkey0506

JPEGs are disgusting. Especially when it comes to color counting. :-X

There's some excellent work in here. Great job guys.

Akatosh

nulluser

FSi++

JuuL

KING ARTHUR: "The lady of the lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water signifying by Divine Providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. That is why I am your king!"
DENNIS: "Listen:

Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony."
KING ARTHUR: "Be quiet!"
DENNIS: "Well, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!"
KING ARTHUR: "Shut up!"
DENNIS: "I mean, if I went 'round saying I was an emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!"

esper

Ohhh, you missed the best part...

"Come see the violence inherent in the system! Look, I'm being repressed!"

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Wonderful inventory items, Steve, and some great designs here so far.  Keep it up and maybe someone will have a whole cast of Holy Grail character sprites to play with!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk