Animation Competition Feb 5 - Feb 16 2007

Started by Baron, Tue 06/02/2007 02:07:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron

I know, I know......
      You'd love to enter the animation competition -you really would- but your significant other is pestering you to spend time with them.  But I ask you: "What better way to impress your boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse/ex/1-900-dirty-talker than to make them their very own animated valentine for that very special day?"  And of course you can post it here too and maybe win yourself some internet glory.

Yes, Ladies and Gentlemen, this is the Animation Competition.

The rules:

A sprite is supplied, with a theme.
Participants must use the given sprite for their animation.
Each competition will last 11 days.
The starter of each competition will decide on the winner.
The winner, who will decide on the next competition's theme, must also supply a sprite.

The sprite:
It's a heartshaped box full of.....well, you show me.  That trench coat could be hiding any number of surprises..... 
I've included the original heart for those of you who don't know what a heart looks like -this exercise can be particularly instructive if you fall into that category.

Legal Mumbo Jumbo:  I'll be doing the judging early on the 17th, but if you're going to make good use of your sprite I must emphasize the need to get it done by the 14th.  Knowing me there will be trophies, and all participants can expect a commemorative badge of some sort just for entering.

Good Luck!

Baron

Akatosh

If I knew how to make a .GIF animation I'd participate  ;D

Buckethead

I'll make a silly entry tomorrow, I promise  ;)

Twirlly

As promised here's my entry, which didn't turn out completely how I envisioned, but I was starting to spend too much time on it so here it is and now it's time to get back to my real work although it was lots of fun doing this.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

Afflict

Its a great competition , I'm sorry baron I don't think I can participate this time :(

Buckethead

meh I forget I don't have any programs to make animations. =(

neelhound

Its not great, but Im happy that it is a lot smoother than my old animations.

Baron

Well, I guess the time for moving your hearts has expired....
           Two paticipants: bit of a heart-break, but I'll get over it.
Now allow me to get to the heart of the matter (OK I'll stop!): Let's hand out some hardware!

First Place: Twirly!   Allow me to present to you the heart of gold.  I especially liked how your heart-flasher did a bit of teasing before hand -Rwao!

Second Place: Neelhound!    You've come a long way in the few short months since you started posting animations!  Is that fluid movement I see??? :o  Keep up the good work!

Oh yeah, I kinda gender-tailored your respective awards -let me know if you'd prefer yours modified.  ::)

So now I guess it's up to Twirly to start up a new comp -look forward to it!

BaRoN

Twirlly

;DÃ,  Ã, Thanks BaRoN for the wonderful flashing golden heart. The animation within it is appreciated considering the type of competition this is and I think it's very funny & great that you took the time to gender-tailor the trophies. I have some ideas flowing for the next competition so look out for it in the next couple of days.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk