SpriteJam - Bloody Valentine 12/2/07 - 18/2/07

Started by Afflict, Sun 11/02/2007 22:22:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Afflict

Happy Bloody Valentine.

To try and make things a little more Romantic around the forums ;) I have decided that well have to have some valentines fun :) Create your favorite horror movie character (or any for that matter) posing with his "Date" (Victim) for the best valentines photo ever!

The possibilities are endless, be creative, and as always...

HAVE FUN!

Restrictions:
Size : 150 x 150
Colors : 24

R4L

Very rushed:

Headless Horseman and his "date."

15 colors, 87x133

esper

Samara Morgan (AKA Sadako Yamamura, Eun-Suh Park) and her latest boyfriend.

150 x 150, 20 colors plus background

This Space Left Blank Intentionally.

Postmodern_Boy

Parody of a famous scene from alien 3 ;D

ManicMatt

Nice entries, but erm.. SPRITE jam, no?  ::)

(Except the first entry, natch)

The alien one makes me laugh! Esper's is too obscure for me!

esper

Postmodern_Boy

Quote from: ManicMatt on Wed 14/02/2007 23:22:58
Nice entries, but erm.. SPRITE jam, no?Ã,  ::)

(Except the first entry, natch)

The alien one makes me laugh! Esper's is too obscure for me!

A traditional sprite would not include two seperate characters posing together anyways, right?Ã,  So i figured the rules might be relaxed on this round.Ã,  I don't know. I am glad you thought it was funny though.Ã,  :)

Darth Mandarb

I've been having problems with the last several Sprite Jams for this very reason ... So many entries that are not really sprites in the traditional sense (or what I think of a traditional sprite).

I think a sprite should be one "thing" in it's entirety.  I also don't think there should be backgrounds ... just the sprites.  But that's minor compared to it actually being a sprite.

It's more like "mini" BG Blitz competitions.

Afflict

Ok by posing, I mean Posing. Not the actual picture. Sorry if that was unclear. so pretty much you'll have a sprite pic. (Sprites do touch each other sometimes) or maybe thats just my view on things. Anyway great entries so far.

esper

If it weren't for my background, which I added just for effect, I could totally use that in a game. In fact, I've kinda been thinking about it...

Afflict

Well, it was one of the more quite sprite jams, sorry if the topic sucked, also for the confusion.

I do however like all the entries!

I am going to hand this over to the winner, R4L I loved his bloody Valentine, headless horseman's only love can be his head.

Well done R4L!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk