The Digital Spell Re-release.

Started by jrp, Mon 19/02/2007 05:59:00

Previous topic - Next topic

jrp

So, I'm releasing again "The Digital Spell". What is new, you ask? nothing really, except for the fact that you can download it now! yay!

The thing is that I was remodeling my web-page, and found out that the place where I was hosting the game files, had deleted them who knows how long ago. So although this is an old game, many of you might have never had the chance to play it.

If I remember correctly, because I wrote the story a while back, you play as a pair of mages sent to find this powerful enchantment called The Digital Spell. As the title suggests, this has something to do with magic and technology, but the take is not like we've seen in games like "The Longest Journey", and such. Here magic and technology coexists, harmoniously (I believe... as I told you, I don't remember).

It is a kind of universe like the ones found in the pages of Heavy Metal magazines, but without the adult situations. I've been meaning to write a game like that, but despite my intentions, they always end up being PG, or PG-13 at the most. Anyway, I'm rambling. The thing is that the game has an atmosphere that reminisces those sci-fi European comics, but it has a slight irreverent tongue I cheek humor. A mixture I'm sure you are not used to, but one I hope you'll enjoy.

The game itself is not like most adventure games. The idea came after re-playing Lucasart's "Loom". In particular, getting to figure out how to play it is the first puzzle. But don't worry, it's not that hard (nor is the game nearly as hard as Exile).

Get it here!
;D

calacver

Hi, congrats on finishing. Did you rip those graphics? Will give it a try.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Well, is it in any way different from the older Digital Spell, still available at the games archive? If we still have it, is it worth downloading?

EDIT - Well, I managed to miss the very first line you wrote. Go, me.

Wouldn't it have been more appropriate, I wonder, to bump the old thread?

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=1518.0
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Jon

Just played it, not bad.

Need to turn off debug mode though!

Charlo

they are B-JENET and FREEMAN from SNK.  are they?

downloading now.......

Fabiano

Well, what can I say? This was the FIRST AGS game that I played. really. Ill dwl when I get home...
Yeah, yeah, It happens. A lot.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk