Author Topic: Nelly Cootalot: Spoonbeaks Ahoy! - HD Greenlight  (Read 76093 times)  Share 

Snarky

• Global Moderator
  • Mittens Earl
  • Private Insultant
    • I can help with proof reading
    •  
    • I can help with translating
    •  
There was The Journey Down that was remade in a different engine.

There have been a few remakes or remastered games with improved graphics (like The Shivah, Bestowers of Eternity/Blackwell Legacy, Ben Jordan 1 and 2, etc.), but I think they mostly stick to the same resolution (though some of the Wadjet Eye titles have switched to higher-resolution dialog portraits); at least the updated versions are rarely what you would call "HD".

Mandle

• NO PIXEL LEFT BEHIND!!!
  • Mandle worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
Nelly Cootalot, for me, was one of the most perfect examples of how to instantly charm the player into wanting to play the game through to the end, and they wouldn't even care if the gameplay was a bit lacking, or the graphics weren't all that good...

But then the player finds out that the gameplay also happens to be engaging...And the graphics perfectly equal the charm of the game...

One of the best games I have ever played in any genre...In fact, it's been just about long enough that I've forgotten enough about the game to go back and play it...IN HD!!!

NicolaGs

• Going nowhere fast
Re: Nelly Cootalot: Spoonbeaks Ahoy! - HD Greenlight
« Reply #202 on: 02 Oct 2016, 11:33 »
Hello,

The last update indicates a version 1.8 (24 MB) but the provided links always lead to an older version (1.5, it seems -  weighing only 15 MB). Do you know if the link is to be updated soon or if there is an error ?

Thank you ! :)

Ali

• AdventureX Crew
  • What will become of the baron?
  • Ali worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!Ali worked on a game that won an AGS Award!
« Reply #203 on: 07 Oct 2016, 20:53 »
Looks like something got messed up when Peder shut down AGSer.me. Sorry! I've updated the links with the 1.8 version.

(Incidentally, Spoonbeaks got greenlit. Thanks for voting!)

NicolaGs

• Going nowhere fast
« Reply #204 on: 08 Oct 2016, 11:23 »
Thank you for the new link. I was awaiting the french translation to make my lady play your game... ;)