Nelly Cootalot: Spoonbeaks Ahoy! HD - Launches 23rd May

Started by Ali, Tue 06/03/2007 16:44:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

NELLY COOTALOT: Spoonbeaks Ahoy! HD

Wishlist on Steam

Plot:
Nelly Cootalot, fearsome pirate and lover of tiny and adorable creatures, is charged by the spirit of a dead buccaneer to investigate the mysterious disappearance of a fleet of birds known as spoonbeaks. Her adventure will bring her face to face with the nefarious Baron Widebeard as she uncovers corruption and wanton punning in the Barony of Meeth.

Background:
Nelly Cootalot: Spoonbeaks Ahoy! was originally released hundreds of years ago in 2007. The game started out as a birthday present for my girlfriend and got wildly out of hand. In 2016, I made another Nelly game called Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet. This HD remastering brings the original game back to life, with a streamlined interface, a homemade voice over and loads more pixels.

Screenshots:

Remastered Specs:

• Remastered 1920 x 1080 HD graphics
  • Extremely cheap voice acting (in English)
  • Windows / Mac OS / Linux
  • English, German, French, Spanish & Polish (text only)
  • Streamlined point & click interface
  • Bad jokes replaced with good jokes (I wish)

Trailer:

Opportunities to:

• Rescue endangered and unusually named wildfowl.
  • Acquire morally dubious items on behalf of minor aristocrats.
  • Intercept the private correspondances of a daredevil pilot.
  • Come to the aid of downtrodden supernatural beings.
  • Be confused by Nelly's County Durham colloquialisms.
  • Borrow facial hair from long-dead pirates.
  • Wantonly misuse the word 'borrow'.

AGS Awards:
Best Game Created with AGS 2007
Best Gameplay 2007
Best Dialogue Writing 2007
Best Player Character 2007
Best Character Art 2007

Music:
By Mark "m0ds" Lovegrove.

Translation:
Polish Translation: Krzysztof 'Elum' PaŠ,ka.
German Translation: Marcel Weyers with Tante Tabata, Kat Wallisch and Björn Ludwig.
French Translation: Hervé Appriou (Surdy), Mathieu Bergounioux (Monsieur OUXX) and Marc Denizot
Spanish Translation: Ernesto and Ana of Kawagames.

Walkthrough:
A walkthrough is available at gamesolutions HERE.

Thanks to Applications Systems Heidelberg, the Beta Testers, Translators and all the other people who helped make this game.

Download old version:
Nelly Cootalot v1.8 (24mb)

m0ds

Great, but moreso, thank YOU for creating this wonderful little game!!

Here's that page I spoke of, point people to it or the link on the download page and should you care, I'll be able to tell you how many people have downloaded it :)

http://www.screen7.co.uk/games/

Quotenefarious
LOL!

Well done on releasing Ali, you should be proud of your first AGS game :)

MashPotato

I also thank Ali for making this wonderful game! (EDIT: and of course, m0ds as well :))

While I highly doubt Ali needs my help to "sell" Nelly Cootalot (I think those screenshots and descriptions speak for themselves ;)), as a beta-tester I must give this game my ringing endorsement!  Gorgeous art, great music, terrific humour... all in all, loads of fun :).  Download now, NOW!

thewalrus

Ã,  Ã,  YES!!! Finally, one of the games I've been waiting for has been released! Just downloaded, can't wait to try it out!!! Will edit with my opinion later.... Congrats on finishing!!!!
Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come!"

Nikolas

Mash:

I'm already sold, no need to help out! downloading now Ali/Mods/betas/everyone! It will be a pleasure tonight. Even though I should be working. something tells me that this game will help me through the day, and I really need that. :)

Thank you Ali for this game.

More to come once I play it!

mätzyboy

Oh boy! I have secretly been anticipating this! Will download as soon as I get home from work

*Mätzyboy dances a little jig of anticipation*

Sparky

Thanks Ali and mOds! Hip hip hooray! I'll post my gushing praise comments after I've given it a whirl.

fentongames

Just begun playing it. I am really enjoying it so far. Particularly the animation. It's so smooth and incredible, some of the best animation in an AGS game in my opinion. Really like the music too, I am impressed m0ds.

Really like it. I'll come back once I've completed the game.

fentonfilms
Time Kid, coming this summer.

The Scorposer

I just played a little in, but already I have to say I'm very impressed with the artwork, animations and especially the music! :D

Congratulations to Ali and m0ds!!

buloght

This game is awesome. The art style is brilliant, the music rocks, but the dialogue (and humour) is what stands out the most.

Peder 🚀

As I allready knew before today this is an awesome game in every way!

I really enjoyed beta testing it!

Good work both Ali and m0ds!

Peder Johnsen.

Medical Waste

Can't wait to play it, the artwork looks great.
THE PATIENTS ARE REVOLTING

lo_res_man

spoonbeaks ahoy!
Sweet mother of monkeys, I've been waiting for this game, hope to download soon. loks great.
†Å"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge.†
The Restroom Wall

Mordalles

great game, ali! i love the art style, and the character designs! especially baron widebeard. and the dialogue is so well written.  ;) the characters have really smooth movements.

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

marlamoe

Bug
Spoiler
you can talk thru the pipe a second time.  The rocket reappears, takes off, and you get the gift certificate again. 
[close]

Fleshstalker

Looks sweet! I'll download this soon after I'm done playing Grim Fandango. This should hopefully give it plenty of time to see what bugs the community finds so you can fix them. I don't want to downloaded 15mb on my slow connection only to have to do it again. If I had high speed interent, I'd download it now, but alas, I don't. So I'll patiently await till then.  ;D

marlamoe

Just finished.  This is on my list of favorites

Fleshstalker

marlamoe, how long did it take you to beat?

marlamoe

Another bug
Spoiler
Ã,  I cannot remember what order I went in for sure, but was doing another run through the game and after getting the letter on the lawn, I went and won the rainbow scarf prize.Ã,  When I went back to the castle, the letter was laying on the lawn again.Ã,  I could pick it up and then had two letters in inventory.Ã, 
[close]

Fleshstalker:  I played for about 6 or 7 hours.Ã, 

Fleshstalker

Thats an excellent lenght. It will take me longer though since I'm still new to the point and click Adventure genre. 5 Days A Stranger took me a little over 5 hours.

I got so many games to play now. Atcually I got 36 and so far beat one like I previously mentioned and Grim Fandango. Will take a while before I get to this one. I'm in heaven!  :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk