Animation Competition Mar 6 - 16 - WINNER ANNOUNCED

Started by Neil Dnuma, Tue 06/03/2007 19:59:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Dnuma

L I M B O

This is Todd Thompson, a man who considers himself one of the best limbo dancers in the world. Today he's attempting a new record for people his size. It's up to you whether he succeeds or not! Good luck.

At 2x;

Read more about the art of limbo here.

Baron

Nice!  Hermes Conrad, watch out!

neelhound

Steel Drummer

Pretty good, compared to your previous efforts! Keep trying, and soon you'll be really good!
I'm composing the music for this game:

Mr_Frisby

Killer sprite Niel.

http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/Limbo.zip

Mr Muffinses are teh cool.

(oh yeah. You need to click on the dude - he'll just idle forever otherwise.)
Hey! All my awesome trophies dissapeared in the year since I was here last. CONSARN_IT! with an underscore!!! I earned dem tings!! Oh well. Hope your Monkey floats.

gASK

Welcome to "Weekly weird records!", ladies and gentlemen.

Tonight we got here Todd Thompson, who will try to create a new limbo record for a man of his size.

And here he is!

Seems Todd decided to make his record blinded..and he starts! And ... oh my! As if it wasn't enough, someone aparently forgot to tell him he is not going for the "farthest kicked football" record tonight.

(2x)

OUCH! Well, no record for poor Todd tonight. That's all for now, ladies and gentlemen. Stay with us - next comes the "Outswim the piranhas!" contest! Good night from me!

This is my first try at animating, so be gentle ;)
I think the walking is quite good, while the kicking is for some reason sloppy.
Maybe next time I will get it better.

------------
*(I made the headband into blindfold - that's what I though it was at first look. Hope it's ok.)

Steel Drummer

Your animation is very good for a first try!
I'm composing the music for this game:

Twirlly

Well, I wanted to enter something although I haven't had time to do a good entry, so here it is. I messed up some of the colors so I couldn't make the background transparent and I had to use the green.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

Neil Dnuma

Alright, time to sum this one up. Thanks for all the entries, four is not so bad for the animation competition. I hope it can be even more next time!

@neelhound: A very creative "storyline", you certainly show some promise in this area. Technically, I wish you'll try vary your style a bit more, try drawing new frames etc as opposed to cut+paste+move. Still a good effort!
@Mr_Frisby: Another somewhat surreal piece from you, I'm a fan of those! I had a laugh at this ultra-tragic version. Like the breathing at the beginning! Still wish there'd be some more though.
@gASK: Very short, but what you did is nice and smooth. A good grasp of the technique, only the timing could use some polish. Still, extremely well for a first try!
@Twirlly: I'm very glad someone actually tried making him dance limbo under that low bar... and even succeed. I'm very impressed at how he's not falling there, must have some really heavy shoes/steel socks or whatever. I also like when he starts jumping, and even cheats the perspective at the end, in order to succeed. Good job!

Hard to pick a winner, but for a solid job (and staying right on the topic...) I go with Twirlly! I haven't made trophies, cos I'm too lazy. Hounorable mentions to the other entrants!

Twirlly

Woo Hoo, I won!! I won!!!Ã,  :D No seriously I'm honored considering I completed my entry in such a short time to make the deadline and there were some other good entries. I hope that I can interest more people in participating with the next comp topic and sprite whatever they may be. Thanks Neil Dnuma and all participants, you keep this comp going.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk