Animation Competition Mar 28 - Apr 8

Started by Twirlly, Wed 28/03/2007 04:28:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Twirlly

Well without further delay here's the next animation competition. So here's the story:
While you were walking down the street one day minding your own business some old guy who looked rather mysterious gave you 5 “Magic” Seeds. When you got home curiosity got to you and you decided to humor the old man and plant them in an old flower pot you had around the house. Show me what grows from the seeds.

Theme: Curiosity
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

Steel Drummer

Looking good, neelhound. Major improvements over your previous animations. The frames where he's pouring the water aren't as good (the water goes back into the bucket), but overall, a much better entry than I've ever seen from you before. Keep working at it, and you'll be a great animator
I'm composing the music for this game:

InCreator

Awful gif and a baby dragon! One of seeds turned out to be an egg!

Stupid, stupid coffecup gif animator  >:(

theatrx

Life is a banquet and most poor sonsofbitches are starving to death

Akatosh

Baron

I wanted to do flower monsters but that idea got taken.... anyway, this is how it turned out.

theatrx

BaRon... those flowers are beautiful!  Well done.

Kreator

I thought i'd quickly give it ago, so here it is:

Vote for me!! :D

InCreator

Twirlly

Sorry for the delay again my business has been picking up, which is good for me and bad for the comp, but here are the results:

First off I'd like to say that I greatly appreciate the 7 entries for this competition and that you're all winners in my eyes. I love this competition.

*neelhound â€" It's  pretty funny how the bird just flips over and snatches up the seeds. I hope he doesn't get a tummy ache from eating upside down.
*KC â€" I like how the beet sprouts a flower. That was a very creative thing to do.
*InCreator â€" I love the baby dragon, but the animation has a few fuzzy parts.
*theatrx â€" This entry made me think about a great movie “Little Shop of Horrors”. I don't know if it was your inspiration for the comp, but I love it. Although I hope your flower monster doesn't eat humans.
*Akatosh â€" A very funny scenario even though the old man in my story did just give you the seeds and they weren't bought.
*BaRoN â€" The flowers are absolutely gorgeous and as usual your animation is very fluid, but you shouldn't have changed your idea because someone did it(great minds think alike), your own creativity would have distinguished the two entries, but I understand you don't want to seem like a copy cat.
*AmongtheFallen â€" The explosion is beautiful it reminds me of a leprechaun's pot of gold at the end of a rainbow although it ends in annihilation. Talk about mass destruction, a few seeds destroying all of Earth, what a concept. I guess curiosity really did kill the cat and… uh… everything else.

Now the winners:

1st:   theatrx
2nd:  KC
3rd:  BaRoN

Sorry, I didn't have time to make trophies.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

theatrx

Wow!  Cool!  I still think BaRoN's flowers were perfect. Kudo's to everyone who entered.  These competition things are fun.  I wish more people would join in.  theatrx

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk