Animation Tweaking Challenge May 9-25 -WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Started by Baron, Wed 09/05/2007 16:01:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron

Welcome to the first ever Animation Tweak Week!

Interested in improving your animation skills?  Like to see pixels bob and weave?  This competition is for you!

This time around your challenge is to tweak a pre-existing animation, making it your own. 

The sprite:
And the frames used to make her:

All you have to do is make the Jitter Bug dance differently.  You can use as many or as few of the frames I've provided, and change them as much as you want (except that the character should still be recognizable in the end, of course).  Feel free to switch clothes, add accessories, change hair-styles or colour, etc.  to suit her new dance steps (for example if she is ballroom dancing maybe give her a gown and a tiara).  The best original dance moves will win the grand prize, but there will be a commemorative token for all who enter.

Have fun, and best of luck!

Oh, and let me reiterate the traditional rules of the Animation Competition so that they may be perpetuated:

A sprite is supplied, with a theme.
Participants must use the given sprite for their animation  (In this case only kinda...)
Each competition will last 11 days (-ish)
The starter of each competition will decide on the winner.
The winner, who will decide on the next competition's theme, must also supply a sprite.

SinSin

dude i dont think anyone wants to :(
Nice idea  ;D but i just dont think anyone can see where else to go with it  ???
Currently working on a project!

vertigoaddict

WAIT! I'm working on it, I just found this thread... I'll edit this post when I'm done.

EDIT: something quick...

the sprites

it's not much...and it kinda reminds me of those trailer moms working out.

Twirlly

Well, BaRoN if you decide to extend the comp deadline a little I would submit an entry because I've finally found some free time, but I completely understand if you don't because there is an entry... finally. I just don't want to start on something and have you post that it's over before I'm done.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

Baron

I kind of forgot about the deadline too -it's been a holiday weekend here in Canada, so I haven't been checking the boards.  I'll extend the deadline just to make a competition out of the competition.  Is Friday the 25 alright for you, Twirly?

And of course anyone else can feel free to enter in that period!

BaRoN

Steel Drummer

BaRoN, sorry if this is off-topic, but what part of Canada do you live in?
I'm composing the music for this game:

MrColossal

That is very off topic, Steel Drummer. PM someone for that kind of information please.
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Twirlly

The 25th is fine and I'll edit this post when finished.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

Baron

Well, it's the 26th and this Tweak Week has been going on for waaaay too long as it is, especially considering the scarcity of entries.  My apologies to Twirly, but the competition needs to be renewed if it is to survive and (hopefully) thrive. 

TWEAK WEEK POSTMORTEM
I guess my experiment with animation tweaking didn't really attract the interest I thought it might, so perhaps just supplying the one-framed 'traditional' sprite is the way to go.  I had thought that the tweaking option would make the competition more accessible to those who are just learning how to animate, but I guess it was a little too intimidating....or something.  Anyway, I'll leave it to the winner to decide how to run the competition next time around.

WINNERS ANNOUNCED
Can I get a drum roll, please?  I know you're all on the edge of your seats in suspense....  The winner is: VERTIGOADDICT!.  Don't let the fact that you won by default get you down -I like the ballerina's warm up moves.  The hair bob isn't quite accounted for in her actions, but for movement matching the costume I give you a hearty thumbs up.  Congratulations!  Here's your trophy:  -Display it with pride!  And I hereby pass the torch on to you to start the next competition: I look forward to it.

Ashen

Congratulations, vertigoaddict.

Dang, I was hoping to sneak an entry in before you closed it. Ah well, might as well post it anyway, since it's done. I don't think it'd have changed the winner, anyway.

It's the pelvic thrust, that really drives you insa-a-a-a-a-ane.

This is the first place my mind went when I saw the original sprite. Tim Curry in lingerie.

I don't think I've ever been tempted to enter an animation contest before, BaRoN, so maybe the 'tweaking idea' wasn't so bad. I'm just far too lazy to meet the deadline, sorry.
I know what you're thinking ... Don't think that.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk