Tune Contest: May 24 - June 3 WINNER ANNOUNCED !!!!!!!!

Started by Wulftech, Thu 24/05/2007 10:54:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Wulftech

Wow, i won totally by surprise thank you Increator for a previous competition.

For the next theme i just saw the daily featured article on wikipedia and liked the picture so there it is: the edited one... =)

A tornado !

Will it be fast or slow, deadly or smth sweet that floats around with 175km/h up her sleeve.

You decide.

Hammerite

i used to be indeceisive but now im not so sure!

Damien

Here's the image at a smaller size so the forum page doesn't get distorted on 1024x768 and smaller resolutions:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y178/DrunkyDuck/Help/Dszpics1.jpg

Please use it.

Hammerite

any other contenders for the last four days?  ???

m0ds

Tuomas

I'm making one, inspired by the picture but won't most probably enter it here, sorry ;)

djres

Well, here's mine:
http://www.mediafire.com/?9nxc03b9t01

By the way, I used to lurk around here a few years ago while I was making games, so despite the post count I am not an utter newb.

You should enter Tuomas!

Tuomas

Yeah, I'm really bad at the technical mixing side of the recording, I usually let other people do it.

Phemar

Imagine you're playing an old arcade game where you're in a car and you must drive away from a tornado while repeatedly dodging several random objects which keep spontaneously appearing in front of your vehicle.

Just playing around. :D (once again please don't use quicktime).

Sorry for any inaudibilities or incorrect choice of instruments. My speakers are a bit bust and thus play everything with distortion so it's hard to hear what sounds good and what doesn't.

:)

PsychicHeart

My first entry into one of the forum comps in a while.
Swept
Picture this:
A small, closely knit rural town with picturesque fields.
A reddish-pink evening sky.
A small child playing carefree in the grass.

And then comes the wind.

Cheers,
Fluke.
Formerly known as Flukeblake, Flukezy etc.

DoorKnobHandle

A tornado made danceable in locrian...

Wulftech

i'll announce the winner at around 21h, so you can post some more tunes =)

Bohnito

Bohnito

;D excellent! here comes mine, its a demo from my band (!!!equalizer!!!), its older than this contest,so its okay if ya don't vote for me. i thought it fits perfect to the picture. My freaky guitarist gives the tornado the right spin with his cool guitar play, yay, so here goes nothing:
http://www.mediafire.com/?f0bymeywbdz

and hey - its my timezone, too  ;)

Hammerite

i'll be back in 4 and a half hours then  ;)

Wulftech

ok, time for closing the competition..

I rated the songs production wise, arrangment, style, atmosphere..

Hammerite:

nice track, with a begining&ending, the calm before the storm and the noise afterwards. you got a sound for a picture

DjRes:

U also did captured some essence of the picture, and I really like the track. it's a very organic production which is quite forgetable thing nowadays

Zor

you scored with a very lovable track, and you described with a sound what you presented..  too bad is a midi though

Flukezy:

exact thing for Zor, you both captured a thing you represented, just i don't have an up-to-date midi processor so I hear some quite funny noises =)

dkh:

started with promising grinder from fl studio and the rest of the track is quite suitable with the vision i set myself for this competition..

Bohnito:

your song is also fine and expectable. very nice solo and the whole song has a nice feeling of rush&storming ideas

BUT the winner always can be only one.. sorry for short briefings of the songs cause i'm in a quite hurry for something..

i have a little problem deciding witch track is the best.. cause music isn't objective..
everyone did a good job but i found the myself picking among dj res and hammerite. both you captured the essence the most, so it was a hard job picking one of you..
so the song that moved me more is from......................................

DJ RES !

congratulations! start a new contest soon, so i won't have a burden evaluating songs because i suck at it =)

djres

Hey, thanks very much Wulf!  There was some pretty steep competition here so I really am flattered.  Sorry about being so long getting back to yall, I'm traveling in Spain for the month and I had trouble getting internet access til now.  Anyway, thanks again all.  I'll have a new contest up in a couple of hours, just got to find a good picture.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk