Animation competition (June10 to June 21)

Started by Maverick, Sun 10/06/2007 13:19:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Maverick

Rules:

A sprite is supplied, with a theme.
Participants must use the given sprite for their animation  (In this case only kinda...)
Each competition will last 11 days (-ish)
The starter of each competition will decide on the winner.
The winner, who will decide on the next competition's theme, must also supply a sprite.

Theme:
You find yourself in a medieval castle. As a first class adventurer you know that this tapestry against the wall is key to revealing a hidden chamber.
The objective is to create an animation sequence of the secret passage opening up. You can create your own background if you feel like (I was just lazy) but the original tapestry must form part of the scene and must be animated in some way. The rest is up to you so get the creative juices flowing.

Good luck!

EDIT 16/6/2007

I won't be able to judge the competition comes the 21st so I asked one of my fellow countrymen to do it on my behalf. Afflict is an accomplished animator and artist so I'm leaving you in good hands. As I will not be available when the winners are announced I'm posting the trofees now.

1 st place    2 nd place   3 rd place 

I'm sorry about the halo thingies but I forgot about the restrictions and made them too big so I had to resize them.

Maverick

Did I just kill this thread? :'(
Come on ladies and gentleman the topic cannot be that bad. This is obviously not an entry but I hope it will spark things up a bit even though it is was done very quickly:

vertigoaddict

I'm a bit busy right now, but I am planning to post an entry. I'll EDIT this post when I get around to doing it...

don't worry, people are probably waiting for someone to post their animation so they could do a better animation or get better ideas (that way there's better chance of winning)

EDIT:
Here, something quick (again)

It's nothing much, I had other ideas but got lazy and this was the simplist one.

SpacePirateCaine

I don't know if it's an issue of people waiting to post, or just the fact that a good animation takes time to make. My weekend starts on Monday, at which time I'm going to try to make an animation for this contest, assuming I have the inspiration to do so.
Check out MonstroCity! | Level 0 NPCs on YouTube! | Life's far too short to be pessimistic.

Afflict

Hectic, still doing an entry SPC? I certainly hope so, Love your animation :)

vertigoaddict

SpacePirateCaine

Yeah, very sorry about not getting back to the competition. I ended up scheduling an interview for a job, and was actually pretty busy all last weekend. Not enough time for me to work up an entry. Though I certainly hope the competition hasn't been on hold because of my passing comment.
Check out MonstroCity! | Level 0 NPCs on YouTube! | Life's far too short to be pessimistic.

Afflict

Sorry Guys was giving you some time, Maverick asked me to choose the winners, he is out of town. The Lucky Guy is on holiday (Well deserved though) :D

Well The winner is ... Vertigoaddict!

Grab yourself that Shiny nice 1st place trophy!

vertigoaddict

huray hura... I'll start the next compettition as soon as I can.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk