AGS Tune Contest 18 June - 28 June WINNER ANNOUNCED !

Started by Wulftech, Mon 18/06/2007 13:17:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Wulftech

the theme for a new tune contest is quite simple.
make an 80's synth-pop song.. it should be melodic and have a proper musical instruments that were used in that era, and also the production has to be apropriate (reverb is a neccesity here) =)

so there ya go, GooD LucK !

Jelfish

Hey

I just joined AGS and found these contests hoping it would encourage me to write more music (and possibly find a cool project), and I'd like to say that I'm very glad my first attempt will be 80s synth-pop.  Thank you!

Jel

djres

80s synth pop? Wulf, you so crazy! 
I'm definitely getting in on this.  I'll be at a Belgian beerfest so hopefully that will give me some inspiration.  Can't wait to see what everybody else is doing.
BTW, welcome to the boards Jel.  The contests are a ton of fun, and it's amazing home many talented artists there around hanging around here.

Hammerite

This is proving terribly difficult.
But I will pass my obstacles!

(it'll prolly sound more new wave than synth-pop by the way...)  ;)
i used to be indeceisive but now im not so sure!

Tuomas

Without the "80's" and teh "synth-pop", this would be bloody easy, but I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to make synth-pop :'(

voh

Nope, same here, synth pop is out of my comfort zone :P

But I've finally set up my recording system, so I can participate once more!
Still here.

djres

Oh, I'm all about synth.  Pop isn't exactly my forte though.

Quote from: Tuomas on Tue 19/06/2007 14:41:05
Without the "80's" and teh "synth-pop", this would be bloody easy

But then the contest would just be to make a "song."  ;)

Wulftech

if it would be easy anybody could do it =) that's what it makes it interesting..

altough i am not in competition, i am working on a track just for fun  ;D

Wulftech

to easy the competition. this is a hintch of what i am looking for in this competition =)

good luck !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBlVYIbL97g

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

As a big fan of 80's synth music I had to enter, though I ran out of ideas with the tune.  I like how it sounds though so I'll probably extend it later.

http://www11.asphost4free.com/veradinx/synthax.rar

radiowaves

Synth pop like italo pop? Heh, I love that! I'm probably going to enter into this one!
I am just a shallow stereotype, so you should take into consideration that my opinion has no great value to you.

Tracks

the monk

hi all i'v also just joined the forum and i think i'll have a go at this too

great idea

Wulftech

both entries are amazing  :o :o :o keep it up !

radiowaves

I loved those TBish synths at the beginning in the last song! But I would argue on beats and that phat sound that sounds just too digital. You know, a little hissing sound (like on magnetic tapes) adds a lot to the track, just like in the 80's, you should try that!
I am just a shallow stereotype, so you should take into consideration that my opinion has no great value to you.

Tracks

the monk

i get your point on the beats

and the bass over the top is the phat sound i think you mean?

i will proberly re-edit at some point and re-up a new version if thats allowed?

Hammerite

My lack of professional equipment and my preference to the Cure and LATER Talk Talk will probably be among the shortcomings of my thing, but whatever.
http://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=163417

(if link don't work, then I'll upload somewhere else!)
i used to be indeceisive but now im not so sure!

Wulftech

Quote from: the monk on Thu 21/06/2007 07:39:53
i get your point on the beats

and the bass over the top is the phat sound i think you mean?

i will proberly re-edit at some point and re-up a new version if thats allowed?

of course.. if you put five different versions I will always listen to the last  ;)

Gregjazz

radiowaves

I love it! This should be the official AGS theme song!

Tracks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk