Pirates of Monkey Island of the Carribean

Started by Marion, Tue 03/07/2007 21:38:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Marion

I everyone :)
I have made many others games since Lucasmaniac, but I have translated no one into english, so I prefered not to add them on the AGS official site.
But now I have just finished a little game just for fun, Pirates of the Caribbean with Monkey Island graphics ! :)
The idea is to show in a fun way how those two stories look like each others.
I hope you will like it :)
There is an english translation in the setup.
http://katurajdr.jexiste.fr/fichiers/jeux/pirates.zip (11 mo)

Jimtbrit

I have just arrived at Tortuga and am really enjoying the game, it brings back great memories of classic Monkey Island.  Pirates of the Carribean and Monkey island intergrate very well.

arj0n

Got stuck when I got Jack out of jail... when I walk upon the dock, Will stands behind me and I can't get back to what direction ever couse will blocks my way...
b.t.w. I noticed that the game is not perfectly translated into English, so if you need help... :=

arj0n

;D And I forgot to say:
wow, what a nice game this one is, the perfect feel of MI with a POTC flavour, THUMBS UP!!

Stupot

I can't download it. It says the zip file is invalid or corrupt. :(

Marion

Thank you very much all :)

arj0n : sorry for this bug, I still do work with the "Follow Character" command  :-\
If you want to help for the english translation, thank you, I can send you the english.txt file :)

Stupot : try to download it again... I tried and it works well. Or just update your ZIP software :)

arj0n

If you want to help for the english translation, thank you, I can send you the english.txt file :)

I'd like to help ya with that, arj0n@hotmail.com will do  :P

M S

Thanks for making this - was a lot of fun!

FireOrange

A funny presentation, I enjoyed it. Much better than other MI1+2-Rippoff-Fangames.

Uku

Hehe, i played it, until i couldnt figure out how to corck the boat (help perhaps?)

I liked it, you pointed out, that MI and POTC do look pretty mutch the same.
though translatioun could have been better.
PS!sorry for my english.

DeviantGent

A Monkey Island topic WITHOUT Cyrus?!?

THESE ARE THE END OF TIMES.
The Deviant Gent
His Tumblr - His Twitter

Marion

Lol !
Thank  you all :)

Uku :
Spoiler
to coark the boat, you need a hammer, needles an a row that you can find on the boat
[close]

jkohen

I just finished the game and I liked it (see my comment in the AGS database entry).

However, the user interface needs work. Not a lot, but as it is, it manages to get many things wrong without bringing anything new to the table.

Sometimes you can use the "pick up" command to grab objects, but some other times you need to "use" them to pick them up. The default actions are not very good most of the time, such as you "looking at doors" instead of opening them, and not getting any interesting response from the first action anyway. Also "talk" being  the default action performed on all characters, whereas 95% of the time the player character will just say "I don't want to talk." Finally, it would be nice if the status text were written in just one language, and not in Frenchglish, e.g., "prender the sword" (spelling?).

And last, but not least, thanks!

Off topic: what game is the art from the Star Wars area of LucasManiac! from?

jkohen

Quote from: Marion on Sat 07/07/2007 19:23:09
Uku :
Spoiler
to coark the boat, you need a hammer, needles an a row that you can find on the boat
[close]

Marion, I was very confused by the fact that the water that gushes from the hole is selectable for an action, so I couldn't find the hole on my own. I had to read these hints to make sure the hole existed (and it took me a while to find it even then), even though I was already on the right track to solve the puzzle. I noticed that some other objects in the game were also selectable, but had no actions nor name/title defined (e.g., water gush, behind the parrot food sack in the same boat and a couple other I don't remember now).

Arj0n

Need some help...  :'(
After getting Jack out of prisson, somehow I can't
manage to get of the island/on the interceptor.
Stuck... ???
(Got Bone, Sword, Pistol, Compass, Hammer & Nails.)

Arj0n

Marion,

When you get Jack out of prison, enter the swordsmith's room again.
Aim the gun at Will again and you will get arrested again.

But:
01.: Jack AND Will end up in jail (while Will should't end up there).
02.: The Jail door is still open but you can't get out.

01. is a "follow carracter command" bug?
should be no problem if you get point 02. fixed...

Regards, Arj0n

Cyrus

Quote from: DC on Sat 07/07/2007 19:07:55
A Monkey Island topic WITHOUT Cyrus?!?

THESE ARE THE END OF TIMES.
Don't worry, I've already downloaded it.  ;)

Marion

Thanks everyone !
Sorry for the bugs, I never noticed that when I tested the game. I will try to fix them. I know that the "follow character" command causes some troubles because we can play many characters in this game.

ArjOn, try to use or pick up the Interceptor when you play Jack after the prison.

Blashyrk : the Star Wars game in LucasManiac is Super Star Wars on NES :)

Mats Berglinn

I've noticed a HUGE programming mistake at the later parts of them game:

Spoiler
Once Elizabeth have been locked in you can "Use" the hay, find the rope and see the "strange pet" more than once when it SHOULD only be used once. Then later on you can go back to the Dauntless by jumping into the sea but will have to go through EVERYTHING again (except for getting the grease and use it on the window). By doing this you will get an error message once you try to walk to the treasure chamber as Jack, obviously because the ghost pirates are in another room. I can't believe anyone misses that! Seriously Marion, don't just alpha-test the game, let others beta-test!
[close]

By the way, Super Star Wars was released for SNES, not NES!

Marion

I don't understand because I have programmed the rope to be picked up just once, and I have tested when Liz came back aboard the ship and everything was OK.
I will beta-test my next games better.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk