Animation competition - WINNERS ANNOUNCED (ended 16th)

Started by vertigoaddict, Wed 04/07/2007 03:18:04

Previous topic - Next topic

vertigoaddict

Sorry for the late post, but I was in brisbane for vacation and the connection prevented me from uploading the GIF I was about to present...

I made this for a friendcute huh?

Anyway your job here is to make your own cute emoticon!

The subject here is CUTE EMOTICONS! It could be anythig as long as it's cute in any way.

the size restriction is 50x50 pixels

vertigoaddict

GOD! Animation compettitions are so unpopular these days...

Gilbert

Alright, to make things move on...
15x16

4X

I don't know what it stands for, maybe... >:O

Edit: Accidentally cropped 1 line form the icon, fixed.

vertigoaddict

Two more days people! >_<

If anyone needs more time, I'll extend it.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Part of the animation competition rules is that the thread starter supply a sprite for the entrants to animate, not tell them to make their own.  Also, some kind of specific instructions for the animation helps people to know what it is they are doing.  And the Animation Competition has always been popular vocally but unpopular in practice.

Gilbert

I think the rules of this round stands out from the rest (that no pre-existing sprite was provided), but I think it's not a problem just once a while. The lack of participants was possibly just some "periodic" phenomenon that happens once a while.

Maverick

I'll see if I can throw something together on Sunday but I might need an extra day.

EDIT
This is Cuttle. When it comes to being cute she doesn't have to stand back to her more famous cousin Squirt. At 56 she's just a teenager but last night's birthday party has left her a little tired and slow to get out of the blocks.

1X

2X

vertigoaddict

Quote from: ProgZmax on Fri 13/07/2007 04:29:43
Part of the animation competition rules is that the thread starter supply a sprite for the entrants to animate, not tell them to make their own.  Also, some kind of specific instructions for the animation helps people to know what it is they are doing.  And the Animation Competition has always been popular vocally but unpopular in practice.

Opps! Sorry, my bad!

I guess I was just so caught up with the things happening in my life, I just forgot about that rule... Well, at first, I wanted to supply a smilie face sprite but I found out that it had already been done; I just wanted to try something different s'all.

Maverick, I'll extend the compettition for one more day.

yarooze

Here is my entry...

This cute emotion means: "I'm against your offer! I don't like it!"  ;D

Something like this one ->  >:(

1x   2x another version: 1x   2x

simple choose one of them... ;)

My Blog

Stefano

My entry: A Baby Octopus! How cute is that?
Tickle him and he'll laugh...    Come on! Give it a try.

Trying to make my first AGS game.

vertigoaddict

OKAY! Here it goes:

4th place = Gilbot V7000a

3rd place = Yarooze

2nd place = Stefano

AND THE WINNER IS MAVERICK

It was a pretty hard choice between Stefano and Maverick, but I chose big eyes over a pacifier.

I liked Yarooze's maid emoticon, original. Gilbot's Kitty was really cute, but Yarooze's originality won her a higher rank.

I hope everyone had fun!

Maverick

Wow!! Thanks everyone and congrats to all of you. I'll start the next competition in a day or two.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk