Stefano

Trying to make my first AGS game.

Darth Mandarb

Best. Sprite. Jam [idea]. Ever.

Spot reserved ...

Krysis

I MUST PIXEL!.... Not an entry.  ::)

Phoenix Roach

During our mission we encountered a large colony of hostile insectoids. The most common member of those creatures is the Phoenix Roach. My unit managed to study this deadly beast and report:

1. The adult Phoenix Roach can reach around 64 Pixels hight and is a killing machine! It would attack in groups of 5 to 12 units and would often flee when outnumbered.

2. Hostile! There are unconfurmed reports it can climb walls, burrow underground and spit small fireballs.

3. The Phoenix Roach is immune to fire damage. Flamethrowers wouldn't hurt its thick shell. Furthermore, when it is exposed to heat the Phoenix Roach's heartrate and overall metabolism would rapidly increase, indirectly causing a major boost of reflex, agility and speed. We believe they use heat as a secondary energy source.

4. Their biggest weakness is the cold. Lower temperatures would slow and even kill those creatures.

SpacePirateCaine

I'm working on an entry at present, as well.
Check out MonstroCity! | Level 0 NPCs on YouTube! | Life's far too short to be pessimistic.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

As the Chief Technical officer of the elite Cup Force (tm), it is my duty to perform research on any new technologies or specimens found.  This often requires me to go directly into the field, so I go prepared.  It also requires me to brief new recruits about their equipment and proper use of it.

Armed with my latest invention, the CF Series 2 Environmental Armor the Cup Force (tm) is guaranteed protection against all but the most hostile of environs.  In the event of an emergency, the Cuphelm handle becomes a breathing apparatus, completely protecting the face and head from both chemical and physical hazards -- but none of this would be of any use without supporting gear. 

The CF Series 2 also features a fully protective suit that not only provides comfort and mobility but can withstand subzero and boiling temperatures thanks in part to an internal heating/cooling system.  An outer kevlar weave will also assure the wearer of defense against hostile attack and will prevent most suit breaches due to environmental hazards like sharp rocks and the dreaded Hamsterweevils of Rylos II.

The M4 Handcannon can fire in both single and burst modes and can handle both standard, armor piercing and explosive tipped micronuclear rounds.  The laser sight can double as a nightvision source if necessary.

The CF Series 2 comes with a backpack with several compartments for storing a variety of samples found during exploration.  It is highly recommended that you freeze biologics before storage.  We all remember what happened on Rylos II.

The Stefano Series Digitizer Ray is a small handheld device connected via computer cable to the backpack.  This is used for storing physical data and images in electronic form.  It is not recommended that you try using this while a hostile lifeform is attacking you, as the process takes anywhere from 5-20 minutes continuous spread to fully digitize a biological entity. Liberal use of the handcannon or running is recommended.  This is not a toy so do not use it on your friends as a joke.  Remember what happened to Jameson's legs?

Finally, the standard issue boots feature electromagnetic soles capable of supporting the wearer during repairs in deep space or when artificial gravity fails.  When the soles retract they become sharp cleats for scaling difficult surfaces.

One last thing:  never forget your badge.  Not only is it your means of identification but it doubles as a long-range communicator and homing beacon should you find yourself surrounded by Hamsterweevils.

Creed Malay

Creed "Clearwater" Malay, a rugged, anachronistic, non-conformin' individualist, new to the team having just arrived from the far end of Known Space, is ready for adventure and pixel-beast shootin'! Here he stands at the entrance to the caverns, his coat and hair flapping in the rank, stygian wind that blasts up from Below.
Clearwater is armed with a Victorian era elephant gun type thing, equipped with a laser sight, a .45 magnum as a side-arm, and a WWI issue machete. In a pocket of his coat, his carries a protable hand help scanner, to pixilize his deaded foes.
His only armor is a standard issue flak jacket, a pair of heavy strides and his battered and belovered Adventuring Coat.
He also has a flashlight gaffer-taped to his hat, battered knock-off-Converse, a bottle of rum in his inside coat pocket, and a rather awesome Lemmy-Moustache.

Photos of me for accuracy-of-portrayal comparison -

Can I draw a monster too, or is everyone only allowed one entry?
Mobile Meat Machines - Comics of Animals and Education! - http://meatmachines.livejournal.com/

Inkoddi

I need no armour with this force field thingamabob!

Edit: Too-many-framey walkcycle!

Edit again: New comparision picture. (that is a projector screen I'm holding)

Creed Malay

Dunno if this is allowed, but I made a monster too. :) Just for fun if it's not a valid entry. Taking a cue from Krysis, I present the

Butt-Bunny

Some 85 pixels hight at the shoulder, these fungi-vorous, faintly luminescent creatures that live by sucking the juices from the blue glowing mushrooms with their hollow, barby tail, and it is this diet that gives them their coloration. They can often be seen in packs, leaping and hopping from mushroom bed to mushroom bed, like huge grotesque rabbits, often persued by Pheonix Roaches, which seem to prey on them. They are flighty and panicky, and will kick with their heel spikes and gore with their three horns. They have little protection, other than the two long plates of armor that cover their backbone, and their natural agility and speed.
Their drumsticks, we were pleased to discover, taste delicious if grilled over a campfire.

Mobile Meat Machines - Comics of Animals and Education! - http://meatmachines.livejournal.com/

Stefano

Great stuff, so far!  ;) By the looks of things I'll have a hard time choosing a winner (which is an excellent thing).

Creed,
Answering to your question about creating one (or more) sprite(s) for each of the presented choices: As far as I'm concerned, it's not prohibited at all! IMO, I actually think it's quite cool, as long as you let me know which one I should consider as the "official" one, as participants are only allowed to compete with one entry. So, as long as you're feeling inspired and having fun, keep them coming, and choose from one of them when we're close to the deadline. ;)

Cheers,
-Stefano
Trying to make my first AGS game.

Sadistyk

Oddysseus

Dunno what this is, but it damn near killed me.

It's faster than it looks, and the two pointy things in front spit acid.  It can also whip you with its eyestalks, which is surprisingly painful.

By the way, this is what the little bugger looked like after I got through with him:

Damn straight.

Krysis

DECIDED TO MAKE THIS MY OFFICIAL ENTY FOR THIS SPRITE JAM...

Krysis

Weapon of Choice: The J.P. Gun X2. The J.P. Gun is  forbitten on over 17 planets. This weapon can scramble the enemy's pixels so badly, that people react against its use with great frensy. Still, there is nothing as deadly as the J.P. Gun as its efffect is unreversable. The X2 model is also combined with a low-res digitizer ray, a flashlight and even a self-destruct mechanism.

Clothing and Armor: An obsolete CF Series 1 Environmental Armor. It lacks most of the newer gadjets and contraptions, but it's in a very cool shade of yellow and it comes in extra-large size.

Secondary equpment: None.

Other Items: My favorite teddy bear and a pen.

Reference pictures: Click me, if you dare!

buloght

no entry ...

Afflict

Awesome entries everyone! Krysis I really like your second entry more :)

Buloght your friend really knew how to sketch!  :o

SpacePirateCaine

Arr. 5 Colors, and a picture for reference.

SpacePirateCaine is sporting this Summer's newest light armor fashion - an upper body plasteel vest, with the Blue Cup Pixel Gunner Logo emblazoned on the central buckle. Under that, he sports a light weave, waterproof Gore-Tex lined canvas jumpsuit and steel-toed boots. In his hands, he carries the PDDC-552 Pixel Rifle and its portable back-mounted power source and data processing unit. The rifle is capable of digitizing an enemy at high speed, due to the high energy output, and from a safe distance, due to its superior range. The recharge time is significant, however, so Caine carries a conventional ballistic sidearm in a thigh holster.
Check out MonstroCity! | Level 0 NPCs on YouTube! | Life's far too short to be pessimistic.

Khris

x2
(15 + transparency)

I misread the rules for option 2 at first, but his face is pretty generic anyway.

Edit: This is past the deadline, so it doesn't count anyway:

(9 + t)

vict0r

Holy crap!

And yes, Krysis, I also think that your second is better.

cobra79

97px in length and running at a max speed of 60km/h.
"Pandinus giganticus" is an agile and fearsome predator.

13 colors

x2

space boy

104 x 147
No more than 12 colors
<--- reference pic
                         2x

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z69/space_boy_album/marine_bg_postfx.png

Inkoddi

It seems like the deadline has wooshed by. Woosh!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk