Tune Contest (6.Aug - 21. Aug)

Started by bartillier, Mon 06/08/2007 17:13:08

Previous topic - Next topic

bartillier

Hey

I had a rough time thinking of what the next tune contest could be so that's why it's late.

So the challenge this time is to make a fan clip of this song!
(the clip is an excerpt from a song called Robot Wars by Binärpilot.

The style of the song is pretty specific but there are NO rules as of what the genre of your clip should be. So you can do it in a similar style & genre or you can do it metal or orchestra or anything you want. A cover song if you will.

I will pick the clip that is the most original yet captures the theme of the original.

My only request or rule is that you upload your stuff here (box.net)

Jelfish

Very interesting.  I can't wait to start.

Oh and sorry about being a bit pushy about making a contest.  I just wasn't sure if you were still around since you hadn't posted since the last one ended.

Hammerite

Looks to be a nice ole challenge!

EDIT: And yes, indeedy it was.

My version sounds a bit different to the original, notably sounding slower and spacier.
Here is the link:
http://www.box.net/shared/qv4dr1l82s
i used to be indeceisive but now im not so sure!

bartillier

nice entry

just hope that this contest won't have the same turnout as the last one. Maybe everyone is on vacation or just lazy :)

radiowaves

Don't worry! I will definately give this a try, robots are my favorite theme in music, I have even done similar tracks in the past, quite glitchy though.
I am just a shallow stereotype, so you should take into consideration that my opinion has no great value to you.

Tracks

Jelfish

I just noticed that you gave us 2 weeks.  How generous :)

Jelfish

When you say "captures the theme" do you mean like a recognizable musical phrase or the upbeat dancy mood?

Also, do you have the lyrics to this song?  ;)

bartillier

Quote from: Jelfish on Wed 08/08/2007 06:15:58
When you say "captures the theme" do you mean like a recognizable musical phrase or the upbeat dancy mood?

Also, do you have the lyrics to this song?  ;)

I ment both. :)

I think it's just "robot wars - kill all humans" & I've made it 15 days because it's a somewhat harder challenge.

Obi

I think I'm gonna win.

Here's my entry
http://www.box.net/shared/l8i9bd8y23

Yay! bebabedodobebabedo Heavy Man

Jens

funny idea, especially the choice of the song... here's something I did today

InCreator

** Increator breaches walls!

Ahh, finally a chance to make something I really like.
Hope you have a subwoofer.

http://www.box.net/shared/z76n1ulxg5

Digital headache, come on!

bartillier

cool entries so far, but some more wouldn't hurt :)

radiowaves

Ok, I did something.

http://www.box.net/shared/fs567cgj6i

ARMY OF TEKNOIDS!

I think its finished alright, but you never know for shure...
I am just a shallow stereotype, so you should take into consideration that my opinion has no great value to you.

Tracks

radiowaves

Hmm 21. is coming, no more entries?

Tracks

Hammerite

radiowaves

Hmm, wheres bartiller to end it?

Tracks

Hammerite

hopefully we'll have an answer soon.

bartillier

Though I gave you much time, all the entries were (no offence) pretty much crap. But nonetheless there is a winner.

And he is JENS

Congrats to you!

I picked his entry because his song matched the original in melody and rythmics the most. A large portion of the entries didn't even resemble the original. I'm not angry I'm just dissapointed

Hammerite

radiowaves

Lol, and i thought I might even have a chance :P

Tracks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk