My disappointment at losing the Tune Contest

Started by Obi, Thu 06/09/2007 02:58:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Obi

Well I thought i'd won this one, but it just wasn't to be. I can understand why their song took longer than 5 minutes to make but still this loss has made me feel depressed. I feel like I failed, I feel like a failure at life. Losing this has just shown me that I should just give up as there's no point anymore. This has even left me wondering if I believe in god anymore, which I didn't in the first place but then didn't care. You know those dreams where you feel like you're falling and you wake up in a cold sweat upright? Well that's what it feels like when I realise this is what life is. No explosions no nothing no? The flavours of life have even started to bore me such as the baseballs and sitting in my chair drinking a cold drink. But when a drink it seems luke warm even if it has a glass full of ice cubes. I guess it all started when I was a child my sister used to be better at everything than me. But then she became stupid and I gained super brains and got a cool chair which made my back feel good except I don't really sit in it properly which hurts my back but I don't really mind. Then I entered some tune contests and even won one due to no one else entering. This made me feel really happy for a whole week, I even bought people presents and skipped along the seafront and shouted about how happy I was. But as I walked to the edge of a cliff I realised life can fall off the cliff into the sea. This scared me as I cannot swim too well, but luckily I can normally avoid water but sitting in my chair. So I almost fell into the sea but luckily an old bearded man saved me, he grabbed my shoulder and spoke to me he said "Watch out you almost fell in there." and I thought to myself Yes I did almost fall in there but then again what was the worst that could have happend? Then I thought it would be dying but now I know it was me losing this goddamn Tune contest but oh no, I'm not bitter not even draught. So I cycled home on my tricycle, I've never been very good at balancing. I guess this balancing problem started when I once tried standing up, it was going well until I decided to spin around 20 times. When I did that and stopped spinning everything would carry on spinning and I'd feel really sick and I'd hear trains in my ears, but there were no trains. I looked and their were no trains, but I learnt this was just some strange reason for it and it wasn't trains I was hearing. It's different when you start hearing voices in your head, voices telling you to do such putrid things that you though you couldn't even imagine but that's the thing it IS your imagination it really is. The delusions makes your family your worst enemy even with all the Risperdal in the world. But I know where all that started, it all started when my dad dragged me on my back over a stoney un-even path just because I did not want to go fishing, my back healed but the inner wounds never did. Another time he tried squashing my head on the floor for not being good. Which reminds me of my sister who is 4 years my elder, she used to constantly pick on me and hit me for no other reason that I was a bit of a bastard. But now I'm not a bastard which is ok I suppose but it still makes me feel a bit miffed by life.  But am I miffed by life? I’m not so sure anymore I’m not so sure about a lot of things. Such as my internet has just cut out for no good reason, I blame this shoddy excuse of a modem.Macgyver could make a better modem out of his willy and a paper clip. I often cry I can’t help it but it happens because my hands often hurt due to the guilt I carry around with me. So all in all i’m disappointed at not winning this tune contest better luck to me next time.

Gregjazz

Wow. I remember losing a few tune contests way back where I spent a lot of time on my entry, and thought it definitely would win, only to lose. But I never got THAT depressed about it.

And then there were a few times where I slopped an entry together thinking there was no way I could win with it, but ended up winning.

Just make music, have fun, and gain experience.

Darth Mandarb

If you decide to do something "bad" to yourself ... make sure somebody gets it on video so you can become a youTube phenom!!

If, however, your thread is on a serious note; losing is a part of life.  Get over it.  Move on.  Trust me when I say that if you let the failures prevent you from trying, you'll lose at everything.

LGM

Obi... You are one strange motherfucker.

I like that.
You. Me. Denny's.

Stupot

Woah, this tune contest really was the straw that broke the camels back.

Seriously though. Life is full of ups and downs... some people have had more downs than ups. 
Goodness knows I have.  But you have to view it like the weather.  Some days are rainy, some days are sunny. But storms always pass eventually and it won't be long before the clouds break up and the sun comes out... just dont forget to wear sunscreen.

Obi.  Let me introduce you to a good friend of mine, who can help.

This guy is good. 

Khris

Quote from: Obi on Thu 06/09/2007 02:58:51Macgyver could make a better modem out of his willy and a paper clip.
:D
Better luck to you next time. ;)

nihilyst

That's why I always assume beforehand, that I'll lose. Makes losing not so bad and winning much sweeter.

ildu

Hammerite

i used to be indeceisive but now im not so sure!

Ubel

InCreator

Eh, don't take this too seriously. If you're not joking of course...

And even if you are joking... why not offtopic then:

This time, I was quite disappointed too.
2 random people just posted to praise my track and contest host didn't even review or mention it.
3rd? 4th time of not winning in a row?

Well, if I host one, atleast I try to criticize/review all entries, not only the one that won.
Atleast everyone gets fair explanation why *they* weren't picked as winners.

But last contests are hosted by hurrying noobs and being ignored is all you get for entering.
Bah. Shame on you!

Anyway, that awful, terrible clown on this image scares the hell out of me.

LGM

I'm rather disappointed too. I tried really hard! I recorded three separate tracks from real instruments and mixed it all myself... And I'm not even a musician!
You. Me. Denny's.

Domino

Just listened to Obi's tune...and...and...it's different. Sorry bro.

shbaz

Hello!

Let me introduce you to two good friends of mine.

Line breaks.

.. And indentations before paragraphs, which while being tedious with their extra 5 or so keystrokes will allow AGS'rs everywhere to read and scrutinize your post with all their brain powers instead of immediately giving up and writing a sarcastic post or pressing the back button!
Once I killed a man. His name was Mario, I think. His brother Luigi was upset at first, but adamant to continue on the adventure that they started together.

Babar

Hahah! I deflected his nasty blogstyle by copy pasting his post into a document, and and putting in line breaks myself. I played with you words, Obi!

And...yeah. The only competitions I ever won at in AGS (or other places) have been outlawed.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Stupot

Shit, Obi hasn't posted anything since starting this thread...

If you're reading this, man, let us know you're alright.

Obi

Yes of course I'm alright and I think more than one person made the line break joke, shame on you for not reading the other person's post! As for not using line breaks, that was done purposely in a cruel experiment to see who would strain their eyes to read it inadvertently getting my stocks in specsavers to go up.

Andail

I didn't even bother to start reading it. Such a brick of text is just intimidating. Hrrrrrr.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk