Sprite Jam | November 6th | Opposing Characters

Started by ildu, Wed 17/10/2007 20:13:53

Previous topic - Next topic

ildu

I don't have much time now so let's just get on with it :D.

OPPOSINGCHARACTERS
Objective:
Option 1:
Create two characters that represent opposing forces toward each other. This means that the two characters should have an inherent rivalry, visual difference, or opposite characteristic, that both connects and separates them. This may be a little confusing, so I'm not gonna be too picky about it. You can pretty much do any two characters and give a short description why there are opposing characters, if it's not apparent.

Examples: [Cowboy - Indian] [Pirate - Ninja] [Valet - Car jacker] [Black Spy - White Spy] [Businessman - Bum] [Boy - Girl]

Option 2:
Create an opposing character to another character in this Sprite Jam, one that someone else has created. Now, in case we don't have too many entries in the Jam at the beginning, I'm gonna provide you with a sample character you can use to create an opposing character. If this part takes off, we could get a nice chain of opposing characters similar in function to for example the MSPaint game.

Sample:

Restrictions:
Each character: 120x120 | 24 colors + bg color

Deadline:
Extended to Tuesday November 6th 2007 @ 0:00 GMT

beeblebrox

The Doctor Vs. The Dalek Vs. The CyberMan

EXTERMINATE!!!!

edit: And here is a cyber; enemy to both doctor and dalek alike. I also added one more colour to the Dalek.

I know it says two characters but I couldn't resist.

vict0r

Nice sprites, but I believe that you were meant to make a character opposing the last sprite made.

Gilbert

ildu

Very cool entry, beeble!

The rest of you lot, get spriting. There's only 5½ hours left, and I have a feeling I'll have to extend this due to low participation. So, get cracking or I start smacking.

EDIT:

Deadline extended to the 4th of November.

Secret Fawful

cat

I thought your peaceful boy could need an evil twin:

ildu

Ah, we already passed the dealine. I'm gonna extend this for another day, since I came across this site, that has a continuum of character designs that works in a similar way as I intended here. It's a really cool collection - the lowest character on the page was the first one and the higher-ups are counters for the lower one. This is starting to sound a bit complicated, so take a look for yourself and get inspired:

The Superest

Jam closes on the  6th of November @ 0:00GMT.

ildu

Okay, I would've loved to keep this alive for longer, but deadline times call for deadline measures. So:

The winner is beeblebrox :D!

Take it away...

beeblebrox

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk