Tune Contest (October 24th - November 8th)

Started by Haddas, Wed 24/10/2007 12:11:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Haddas

Good evening.

The topic for this competition is:

Falling

You are falling. This topic is very freely interpretable, and as such I'm hoping for many different entries.

The song should preferably contain:

Why you are falling. Were you pushed. Did you trip?

How you are falling. Very fast, wildly flailing? Calmly, almost floating?

What you see. Clouds and sky? Floating creatures?

The landing. This is the ending. You have to land eventually. You decide how.

The thing I'm mostly looking forward to, is the landing.

Don't be discouraged by the rules either, as they aren't rules as much as they are guidelines.

Tuomas

Nice job winning the last one Haddy. I'll see what I can come up with this time, I've got an idea already, but it'll take time and planning, so I'll get back to you ;)

djres

Quote from: Haddas on Wed 24/10/2007 12:11:29
Don't be discouraged by the rules either, as they aren't rules as much as they are guidelines.

I took this to heart.  The track is definitely about falling, but in a more figurative way. 

http://www.mediafire.com/?7kdnb91rgty

Obi

Here's my song about falling it comes from the time I fell and somehow didn't fall
www.laserfrog.co.uk/fallingsong.mp3

InCreator

Since the topic was "freely interpretable", I did something different from others.
My song doesn't quite say what's going on, but is more connected to the experience itself.
But it has a landing, hehe.

The falling this song's about is about construction worker tripping and falling from the crane.
And while he falls, quite calmly, he sees his whole life infront of his eyes, both good and sad times. That's why track contains both funky-happy sounds and sadder melodies.

Note: I used headphones while making this track so I'm not quite sure how this sounds through speakers.

http://www.increator.pri.ee/muz/lifefall.mp3

Haddas

Ah damn it. Forgot all about this contest. That's a good sign right.

I'll announce the winner tomorrow.

Haddas

I come from a dimension where tomorrow actually lasts a few days.

djres:
A nice, ambient song. Somewhat experimental with the beat there. I'm all for experimental, but I think it was almost bordering on chaos there. It's a nice track with a lot of phasing. Maybe a bit too long

Obi
The song that interprets the theme the most in the literal sense. There's a clear falling and a very clear end. Splat! What I really like about this song is the melody. It's been stuck in my head for quote some time. I like the occasional comments by the guy who is falling too. It's very 90's. It's short, but long enough for me to get into the groove of it.

InCreator
This is an excellent song. Catchy tune. Loving the bass-line. Contains many of the elements I look for in a song. Nice mixing. Beat is pretty old-school. The ending is also very nice, but i was expecting more of a bang, you know what I mean?

This was a hard decision between InCreator and Obi. Frankly I've been avoiding selecting a winner because it's just so damn difficult. Increator here is technically more impressive I'm really quite fond of the song Obi made. This may be influenced by my big appreciation for dance music from late 80's to mid-90's. Argh.. I hate it when songs are too even. Congratulations Obi. You have finally won a tune competition

InCreator

Congrats Obi, and I'm glad this is finally over!  :)

Obi

I am the win, it feels good. I liked InCreator's song it made me do the robot. The next tune contest will start sooner than you think, unless you think it's starting now because it isn't.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk