Sprite Jam: 8 Nov - 16 Nov "1980's Retro"

Started by beeblebrox, Thu 08/11/2007 16:00:56

Previous topic - Next topic

beeblebrox

1980's Retro

Deadline is the 16th of November

The Challenge: Sprite Someone or Something that was popular in the 1980's.

Remember that a Sprite is usable in a game, and not just a picture you drew in MS paint

The Rules: Max Size: 120 x 120
   Colours: 32

Here are some links in case you need some inspiration or weren't alive during the 1980's

link 1

link 2

link 3

trophies:

FruitTree

kinda unfair to start off with since you just CAN'T get any more badass then skeletor!
I dare ya! I double dare ya to be more badass! bet ya can't! sissies!

x2

9 cols 100.120 thats right

Dualnames

Shut up already. And stop playing Crackwell
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

EdLoen

I could have swore I posted this lastnight..... maybe I just did Preview and forgot to hit submit.....

Oh well, once again:

She's a plucky little youngster who's also rather punky.

x1x2

cant guess it now? Well, it's none other then Punky Brewster!  Lovible scamp.

18colors + Transparency.

I felt like being lazy so I didn't shade her XD

beeblebrox

;D HA ha! Great entries. Lets keep them coming

SpacePirateCaine

I decided to go a lot lower than the maximum size allowance. Kevin here's 50x50 and 12 colors.

The game master
Check out MonstroCity! | Level 0 NPCs on YouTube! | Life's far too short to be pessimistic.

Giddy Plant

stajp

Not an entry - just traced a picture of Commodore 64.

Mordalles

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

There can be no retro without:

Dungeons & Dragons Cartoon

Each character is individually less than 32 colors and smaller than 120x120 but I couldn't do one without doing them all.  I copied and edited the logo since I didn't want to redraw it.  Oh, and no Uni because she was one of the most ridiculous sidekicks since Scrappy Doo.

beeblebrox

Okay only about a day to go so lets get any last minute entries polished up and submitted.

mouthuvmine

Itty bitty RotJ (1983) Luke

29 col + trans, 46 x 47

Not very impressive, but he's still Luke ;)

beeblebrox

First Let me Say that this was a tough choice. There was not a single entry that I did not consider placing in the top three, however, I had to pick so . . . .

Mordalles
ProgZmax
FruitTree

Take it away Mordalles

Thanks again for all the great entries.

Mordalles

Thanks, beeblebrox!  ;D I'll start a new one.

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

SpacePirateCaine

Awesome work, everyone. I'm kinda glad I didn't do Leonardo, as I'd originally planned, actually. And extra big props to ProgZmax for the D&D Cartoon sprites - I nearly forgot that terrible show even existed. Nostalgia rocks. Bring on the next one, Mordy!
Check out MonstroCity! | Level 0 NPCs on YouTube! | Life's far too short to be pessimistic.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk