Obi's Greato-vision Song Contest (tune contest) ENDED IN THE FUTURE WHICH IS NOW

Started by Obi, Fri 16/11/2007 13:44:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Obi

What is Obi's Greato-vision Song Contest? It's a song contest where you must compose, write and sing a song. If you don't then you won't win.

This week's Rule: A Country and Western Style Song or an 1980s pop style song. And Remember I'm here to Transform your day into an adventure!

Make it as long or as short as you want to. Country and Western OR 1980s pop are great themes!

EldKatt

Ubel

Obi

Well you could get a robot to sing it, or say it like William shatner would.

Vel

Is this separate from the tune contest? I hope it is, when the style suits me more I shall take part.

djres

I think this is the tune contest for this week.  Personally I'm pretty stoked about it, I like the idea of requiring words, it's never been done before that I recall.

InCreator

This theme is totally out of my area. I couldn't make country/western or even anything barely similar.
This requires a real guitar, and a skill to play this. And singing? And equipment to record it digitally.
AND, some knowledge about country music overall, which I don't have... does anyone here listen country anyways?

Really though theme, that is. I have to skip this one.

Obi

aww comon couldn't you give it a try? Perhaps I'll tinker with the rules a bit.

InCreator

Point of my off-topic and useless reply to this thread is that I don't think a tune contest could achieve much (or any?) participation, yet alone competition, if you make so straight rules. Country is first - non-digital (very hard to make on typically used software), and second, very specific genre. This doesn't leave much options to contestants. Maybe I'm wrong, but I really gave a thought about it and simply don't know where to start.

I'm sorry for littering the thread and I hope that you'll still get some entries, but this theme doesn't leave much room for most of our musicians.

Tuomas

I'm so making a country/western! I just wish I had the banjo now.
* Tuomas digs up his slide pipe and harmonica

EldKatt

We'll see to what extent I can comply with the singing part, but I will do something 80's. Expect synth brass and DX piano. Or something.

EldKatt

My 80's entry has the mind-numbingly contemporary title "Let Me Kiss You". It is sung by a person whose voice sounds like a cheesy sampled soprano saxophone. If you can't make out the lyrics, that's your own fault. -.-

http://biphome.spray.se/erik.igelstrom/agsf/eldkatt-let_me_kiss_you.ogg

Tuomas

What day does this end exactly? i just want to make sure that I have time. i should be done by saturday-sunday aboutsoes...

EldKatt

In accordance with tradition, tomorrow should be the last day. But in a case like this (just two entries, but more coming) I suggest extending a few days.

Obi

Tuomas don't worry, if it takes you 10 years to make an entry, this competition will stay open for 10 years. And that's a fact!

nihilyst

Here is some not-really-country-or-western-style song.

Winter

Lyrics are in German. But they're not making much sense in other languages, either.

cheers
nihilyst

Tuomas

Yeah, I've got a nice song here that I'm playing and singing. However at the moment I am raping my mcirophone devices because the fucking shithead bastard assholefacecrap refuses to work the way it did for 5 years, so I give up before my guitar breaks down.

ambientcoffeecup

There's this thing... Jazz.

Obi

Some time in the future so feel free to enter, I'll be glad to listen.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk