AGS-Linguist

Started by Rulaman, Mon 24/12/2007 09:59:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Rulaman

Hi @all, (a little christmas-present);D

a few weeks ago, i released AGS-Linguist (a modified Version of Qt Linguist) on a german Forum.
Now I do the same here.
This little program assist you to translate the trs-files (or txt [v2.72]).

Beside the program you need the Qt libraries.
AGS-Linguist: -link removed-
small update: -link removed-
Qt-Libraries: -link removed- (Copy the files into the application-directory or in a standard search-path)
Doku: -link removed-

New Link (AGSLinguist and Libraries):
http://www.maniac-mansion-mania.com/index.php?option=com_contentask=view&id=666&Itemid=76

Version:

-----------
432.0.9.2a (Update agslrelease linguist_de.qm; neu/new: english-std.qph): 
- erzeugt tra-Dateien auch aus v2.72 (creates tra-files from version 3.0 and 2.72 [maybe earlier too])
- Ãœbersetzungsdatei kleinen Fehler korrigiert (fixed small mistake in the translation)
- neu: Ausdrucks-Buch fuer Standard-Global-Messages Englisch-Deutsch (new: english-german phrase-book for standard-global-messages)

If you get the german texts in the program, just delete or remove the linguist_de.qm - file
Greetings rulaman

PS: CJ could you please add the // **** room<x>.crm lines in the trs-files again, because the program shows these lines and puts the messages under this contexts
Zak: Komm mit mir Sushi.
Zak: Come with me Sushi.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Hey, you used data from the LSL2 remake? Cool. So that program works on the EXE file, does it?
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Rulaman

No, I used a Larry-Template for demonstration. The programm only reads and writes .trs (or .txt) files.
It wont works on exe files.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Ah, the template, I forgot about that. Wonder anyone's still using it. Was just curious, thanks.

BTW, I haven't tried it as I'm not on my own PeeCy at the mo, but - is this more, less or as reliable as, say, BabelFish? Is it meant to use on single words, like commands, or whole sentences?
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Rulaman

You have to translate the sentences by yourself but you can use a phrase book to translate any pre translated messages.
This is not an translation program.
This program helps you translating the sentences.
Look at the manual as linked above: [Doku: ags linguist.pdf - 0.30MB] then it will be clear (I hope)

Dualnames

Wow,that;s a real hand solver... Thanks.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk