Changing Text Color attribute of text window GUIs programmatically

Started by paolo, Sat 26/01/2008 12:09:51

Previous topic - Next topic

paolo

Is it possible to change the Text Color attribute of text window GUIs from within a script? I've looked at the attributes of the GUI, there doesn't seem to be anything like TextColor. The manual doesn't mention how to do it, and threads in this forum suggest it might not be possible...

Specifically, what I want to do is set the text colour in the Sierra-style GUI I'm using for their speech so that "Say" uses different colours for different characters, like it would do in LucasArts style.

I'm using v2.71. Is this functionality available in a later version, or is there a workaround for v2.71?

Thanks.

Galen

(I use 2.72)

I think there may be a global option, if there is you might be able to add it to dialog script function to swap between colours, it'd be awkward though..

Dualnames

game.top_bar_bordercolor=16;

Setting the text color can be done through the interaction editor so it means that the function exist somewhere I guess.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk