Tune Contest [April 2 - April 16] "REMIX" *Winners announced*

Started by PixelPerfect, Thu 03/04/2008 00:21:48

Previous topic - Next topic

PixelPerfect

Justin Timbersea is trying to make his new hot track for the masses but can't come up with anything else than this here:

Justin Timbersea's effort
(click on the little play button on the left after it appears in the image or download from the "download file" link)

So your manager calls you and tells you this is it. Timbersea sent a package with all the different instruments to the record company and wants somebody to make a good remix of that pitiful song. This is what you've been waiting for. Take the song and the instruments and make a new no.1. hit with a remix. It doesn't matter what kind of song you make as long as it makes the top spot in the charts. Now go and become famous!

Justin Timbersea's instrument package
(click on the "download file" link when it appears after few seconds)

RULES

1. You have to use atleast one of the melodic instruments for atleast half the length of the clip in the mix. (This doesn't mean it has to be continuos. You can use two times 1/4 of a clip and so on)
2. The song should be atleast 0:45 long but no more than 2:00. Preferred length is 1:30.
3. You should have fun while doing this  :D

The record company would like to present these honorary medals to the three top remixers at the end of the competition:

The wave files are compressed into a rar file and they are tempo synced so that whatever bpm you use they should sync itself accordingly. If your host program doesn't know how to do that you can always sync them manually. The native bpm in the clips are 80 bpm. If any problems arise, just contact me.

EDIT: Here's one pizzicato and piano piano roll to help you in the remix making:

boojiboy

http://www.box.net/shared/eg618774ss
weak attempt I know... but i want to get my entry out of the way.

PixelPerfect

I really liked that one Boojiboy. I especially liked what you did to that melody. Very catchy! And the whole atmosphere is great. 8) You have set the bar for this competition. Nicely done!

InCreator

Any chance to see score/piano roll screenshot/notes however else way -- for original piano and pizzicato melodies? Wouldn't like to use neither originals or go through tedious process of reproducing by ear!

yarooze

<----- oh no!  :o

Good luck boyz! I can't take part, but would like to hear your music.  ;)
My Blog

PixelPerfect

That was something else Obi. I really liked the lyrics.  ;)
I can see that song easily climbing the charts. Apparently it already got in to the papers over the controversial lyrics.  :D

Antonio

zabnat

Looks like I'm disqualified for breaking the rule number two  :'(
How may I bribe you to ignore the last 3 seconds of the fadeout in my piece?
http://bantza.raah.fi/junk/zabnat%20-%20hirsimeri.mp3

disclaimer: I don't know a C from G, so this might sound awful ::)

PixelPerfect

Pretty amazing entries so far!  :o I'll comment further and announce the winners tomorrow noonish, so if you haven't submitted anything yet, now would be the time.  :)

PixelPerfect

Okay now that I took some extra time to listen to these properly with time and hd650 headphones, they are all freakin' amazing. There are pretty much talent in you guys, so all should feel really proud of themselves right now.

I just have to say that two entries raise a little above the other competition, but it was truly hard to decide winner, because there were so different styles and both were produced with great care.

So here are the results:

bartillier

I just love this shiz. The song progresses very smoothly and it's like a happy party in my ears and everyone's invited. Very different from the original tune and shows great craftmanship in the arts of tunes. Good job bartillier!

zabnat

This tune was inches away from the first place. The atmosphere is very nice with some sad tones which are lifted with some slowed down drum&bass like drums. Ambient vibes at it's best. Very nice! Go finnish producers! ;)

Antonio

There was definitely some fighting over the third place and this too was a close call but Antonio came out on top with his beat-extravaganza. Although there wasn't as much melodic elements the interesting beat carried all the way home. Boojiboy was very close to third position but there were some hiccups in there with some clicking in the samples, and I had to give the points for overall quality too.

Special mention goes to djres for some weirdest mixing ever, and Obi for the best lyrics ever. :)

Thanks for all of you for participating. Some serious talent in these boards.

bartillier

bartillier

allrighty next contest is up, any comments are welcome  :=

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk