Animation Competition: Kill the Bunny! (WINNERS ANNOUNCED!)

Started by Play_Pretend, Sun 06/04/2008 23:04:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Play_Pretend

If it's cool with everyone, since Blue said he'd pass it on if anybody came up with an idea, I thought I'd try to start a new one? :)

Rules:

A sprite is supplied, with a theme.
Participants must use the given sprite for their animation
Each competition will last 11 days
The starter of each competition will decide on the winner.
The winner, who will decide on the next competition's theme, must also supply a sprite.

Theme: Kill the Bunny

Awwww...isn't the bunny cute?  Too bad it's his time to die.  Kill the bunny any way you like, any size, colors, backgrounds are permissible.  Bonus points if you can make him die in a particularly heartrendingly cute way.

The competition ends on April 17th!  There will be trophies!

The Awesome

FINALLY!! A competition like this was just MADE for me!!! I have plenty of ideas for this one's demise...

miguel

Working on a RON game!!!!!

Play_Pretend

*lol* Awww...okay, honestly, if the bunny's eyes are going to go all creepy white and he's going to grin like that at me, I would kick him away, too.  Hooray for the purple-shorted man!

Thanks for the entry, Miguel. :)

Twirlly

It was so sad to do that it almost made me cry  :'( ... but it had to be done. So die bunny die! *Maniacal laugh*

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

TwinMoon

A healthy warning about jumping on the bed...

Ilmion

I too have a health warning...

He is killing his self slowly.

Domino

The Awesome

Behold, for I have produced THIS!!!

A little homage to Happy Tree Friends, methinks...

miguel

Quote from: Strange Visitor on Sun 13/04/2008 19:13:49
*lol* Awww...okay, honestly, if the bunny's eyes are going to go all creepy white and he's going to grin like that at me, I would kick him away, too.  Hooray for the purple-shorted man!

Thanks for the entry, Miguel. :)

Your Welcome!
Somebody had to start this! The theme was pretty good, you can see how people get really excited killing cute pink bunnys!
The bunny from Th3 Aw350m3 is a classic!
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Dualnames

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Blue

CUTE bunny?! I disagree…

(I didn't plan to enter this competition, but couldn't resist..  ;D )
Anyway I failed to kill the bunny so I guess it doesn't count as a real entry  :P

Play_Pretend

You're all a bunch of sick, twisted bunny killers, and it is going to be so hard deciding the winners. :)

53ph1r07h

what do you mean its going to be hard to decide the winner?

Th3 Aw350m3 has clearly won, its obvious...
People tell me that my personality is divided. I don't think so, but maybe it is...

OF COURSE IT IS IDIOT!!!

Ilmion

I must admit that Th3 Aw350m3 entry is great,
but I'm wondering if people with name written in leet a secretly supporting each other  :P

brokenbutterfly

Quote from: 53ph1r07h on Wed 16/04/2008 01:49:23
what do you mean its going to be hard to decide the winner?

Th3 Aw350m3 has clearly won, its obvious...

Th3 Aw350m3, you shouldn't make a 2nd account so you can praise yourself... J/K  ;D

Seriously, I do agree that his entry is great, I really like it, but the other ones are great too. And they are original, there's more than one way to kill... but my favorite is Blue's even though the bunny wasn't killed. As long as there's plenty o' stylishly spread blood, it's cool.

53ph1r07h

maybe i should make one... i dont know...

i geuss i am supportingth3 Aw350m3 as he goes to my school...
People tell me that my personality is divided. I don't think so, but maybe it is...

OF COURSE IT IS IDIOT!!!

The Awesome

Quote from: Ilmion on Wed 16/04/2008 01:55:43
I must admit that Th3 Aw350m3 entry is great,
but I'm wondering if people with name written in leet a secretly supporting each other  :P

If they are then they've all left me out...

Also, the explosion took me 45 minutes to an hour to animate. I'm slow, I know.  :P The rest was easy, just some random trivia for you guys.

Play_Pretend

Wow...thanks to everybody who entered this, they were all super-freaking-awesome entries, and it was really hard for me to decide.  But we have our winners!

Taking the Dead Gold Bunny is...The3 Aw350m3! 

With a very nice-looking, well-animated all-around cool death for the poor bunny.  I didn't realize until *just now* that it's a grenade hitting his head and not an acorn. :)  I figured he was just really unstable.

Next up for the Dead Silver Bunny is...Twirlly!

This was the one that most made me go "Awwwww!" when the bunny died.  Excellent usage of perspective and barbed wire. :)

And last but not least for the Dead Bronze Bunny is...Ilmion!

You couldn't have known, but I'm a super-anti-smoking fanatic, so hurrah for all around cleverness and a propaganda we can show to kids everywhere!

I really enjoyed the kicking, and the bouncy-splattering, and the...pulping of the giant hand? :)...all top notch stuff, thanks for making it y'all. :)  I was going to make the trophies even more personalized to show the bunny's death for each of them, but I'm really bloody tired.  Hope you like 'em anyways.

Hooray for everybody, especially for the poor abused bunny!  Th3 Aw350m3, start us up a new one, the Competition's yours!  ;D

Twirlly

Yay! Thanks Strange, and I love the trophy! I love all trophies  ;D ! I'm looking forward to the next comp The3.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk