TUNE CONTEST 17. April - 14. May: The Winner is Viking - UNDER THE BED

Started by bartillier, Thu 17/04/2008 16:49:02

Previous topic - Next topic

bartillier

*BOO*
*BWAAAARAAAAAAARARAR*
*360° HEAD TURN*
*MWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAH*

Anyway, this contests theme is to make a piece about the monster hiding under your bed! It can be thrilling, delightfully evil, or just plainly horrific. You can even post a picture of what your monster looks like! The tune should be whatever you imagined or imagine still to be the monster under your bed, when you turn the lights of at night, it can be slimy, furry,it can be like a ghost, it can have red eyes or sharp teeth. It could want to eat you, or just to scare you! Describe it, him, her with the music.

RULES:
- There are no restrictions as far as the genre goes. Do whatever you want.
- The entries are anonymous. Send your entry to saso.tms@gmail.com in the form of a link to your uploaded song on www.box.net , also put your AGS nickname as the subject of the email so I will know who you are. ; )
- I will publish the entries (anonymously) as they come and then after the deadline we will VOTE.
- The voting will not be anonymous, you will post, in this thread for which entry you want to vote. Each of you has 2 votes. You cannot give a single entry two votes. You can use just one vote if it suits you better.
- You do not have to be an entrant to vote. Anyone can vote! : )
- Your submition must be between (1:00) one minute and (2:30) two and a half minutes long.
- There are no restrictions as far as the format of your entry goes. It can be MP3, MIDI, OGG. As long as box.net supports it, it's okay.
- You can do a, cover of a song, as long as you write which song it is a cover of.
- Only one entry per entrant!
- Enjoy yourself and give it your best!

PRIZE:
To make this contest a bit more interesting. There will be a prize.
First place: T-SHIRT with the motif of Jack, from A Nightmare Before Christmas! It looks like this:

Second place:  Will be a brooch with the same motif of Jack, from A Nightmare Before Christmas:

The T-shirt picture is symbolic. But the real deal will be of course identical to the picture.  I will arrange the shipping of the prizes myself.

These prizes are symbolic and are ment to motivate all of us. The competition is all about fun and enjoying yourself! : )

ENTRIES SO FAR:

#1 BUGS

#2 THE CHILD FOUND THE MONSTER

#3 FURRY HAPPY MONSTERS UNDER MY BED

#4 UNDER MY BED

#5 UNDER THE BED

#6 THE DARK NIGHT WISH

I will update this as soon as i get more entries, the competition ends on the 14th of May 23:59 GMT+1. After that we'll vote. :)

Allright so the voting is closed!

The winner is:

UNDER THE BED (Viking) - 4 votes.

Second place goes to:

THE CHILD FOUND THE MONSTER (nyu01)- 3 votes.

Third place:

UNDER MY BED (nikolas) - 1 vote
THE DARK NIGHT WISH (kdomusic) - 1 vote

Fourth place:

FURRY HAPPY MONSTERS UNDER MY BED (twinmoon)
BUGS (Lionmonkey)

-------------------------------------

A big thanks to all the entrants. I think this competition was a nice change from the ones we've had previously. And I hope the next competition will be even better than this one! :) Also, Viking and Nyu01, send me a pm or e-mail with where you would like the prizes to be sent. :)

TwinMoon

bartillier

Well it dosen't. Basicly it's easier for me to manage all the entries.  :) If you have a big grudge against box.net you don't have to upload there.

p.s. All comments reguarding this a bit different version of a tune contest are very welcome. :)

Nikolas

Well it matters if you have your own website.

I mean if you see an entry www.nikolas-sideris.com/anonymous.mp3 whose entry might it be? ;D

brokenbutterfly

I like the monster under the bed theme  :) and the idea of prizes is neat, I don't know if it has been done before?

The Pumpkin King is great motivation!! You have good taste  ;D

Quote from: Nikolas on Fri 18/04/2008 01:59:29

I mean if you see an entry www.nikolas-sideris.com/anonymous.mp3 whose entry might it be? ;D

Jeez, I really don't know...  ???  ;D

bartillier

Yes in Nikolas' case it's true. Id also like to point out that some hosting sites have a very nasty knack for bugging you with "captcha" passwords and waiting lines.

TwinMoon

Quote from: Nikolas on Fri 18/04/2008 01:59:29

Ok, that's true :)

It just appeared like bartillier was employed by Box.net to make it into a rule to post there ;)

When / if I finish an entry I'll just sign up for box.net then.

bartillier

LOL, ofc I'm not employed by box.net :D Maybe it really seemed that way. Anyway... go pepole go! Make some music!

FSi++

Quote from: bartillier on Sat 19/04/2008 04:25:59
LOL, ofc I'm not employed by box.net :D Maybe it really seemed that way. Anyway... go pepole go! Make some music!

I am, man, I am!

Questionable

There are usually a lot of late entries in these competitions.
All my trophies have disappeared... FINALLY! I'm free!

bartillier

Okay, i've updated the first post in this topic, so it now contains all the entries so far :) Enjoy

Nyu001

Strangely there is a track that remind me to Nikolas.

Nikolas

bartillier

bartillier

okay so there is now a sixth entry, there is still time till midnight tonight gmt+1 for anyone who would like to enter.  ;)

bartillier

allright, voting has started. VOTE!  :D Remember, each of you has TWO votes, and anyone can vote. You don't have to be an entrant to vote. (post your votes as regular posts)

khnum

I vote:
#2 THE CHILD FOUND THE MONSTER

and

#5 UNDER THE BED

Nyu001

My vote is for:

#4 UNDER MY BED: Loved the atmosphere created here with the piano and the background. It inspire me nice visuals of a monster in a room hidden but not just under the bed if not moving everywhere and a kid scared of what is that. It would be nice to hear a "BOO!" than the fade out (I mean with the boo not someone saying boo if not with the music doing the 'effect' of the monster appearing and surprising the kid).

#5 UNDER THE BED: Nice music and I like it. Some parts seem inspired by Beetlejuice's theme? ;) Also it brings visuals of a monster approaching the kid or vise versa.

TwinMoon

Here's my vote:

"Under the Bed"
A carefully crafted piece which builds and builds until the hold-your-breath ending. Probably the scariest quotation of "Rock-a-bye-baby" I ever heard ;)

"The Dark Night Wish"
Just a very good melody that sticks. Also, the interaction between the cello and the violins (1:15 - 1:42) deserve special mention.

(Runner-up:

"Undermybed / Resonance"
Those nervous pianotones and the Ligeti-like strings at the beginning are very good.)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk