Sprite Jam 14 - 20 May 08

Started by Mordalles, Wed 14/05/2008 12:09:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Mordalles

Space-job

Sprite a character with an extraordinary job in space or on an alien planet. Points for the most creative job!
Preferebly jobs you won't see someone do on earth.

Restrictions:

resolution: 120x120
colours: 32

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

None

Are we making a definition between 'sprite' and 'pixel-art' here? I'd like to know if I can sprite a whole piece, complete with background, environment, etc etc?  "Edit 4 My Entry Here Later"

MadHerrIng

The Planetball Superstar Hfld:seiufk'h currently playing for the Milkyway Globedroppers.

EDIT: some touches and GIFed for transparence.

Also, here is a picture from the (not so) actual game:

Dualnames

Shonen sprite jam is all about making a sprite that can be used in an AGS game either as a character or an object. You can include a background just for the hell of it.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

ElTipejoLoco

Is 120x120 both a minimum and a maximum, or can the sprites be smaller. say. 60x80 or even smaller still?

Additionally, can they be submitted as a sheet (so long as individual sprites are not larger than 120x120) or animation? I'm feeling particularly creative.

Will edit post later for my entry.

pslim

You flush in space and where does it go? Zorby knows.

Job: Space poo catcher.
Colors: 28
Resolution: 50x93

x2

And Zorby against the black vacuum of space:

Mordalles

shonen, as long as it can work in a game, its fine.

eltipejoloco, 120x120 is the maximum, so anything below that is fine.  ;) and yes, a sheet is fine.

great entries so far!

Alarconte

Here, Here goes my first competition entry!

well, I thougth about an important space job, very extended across the galaxy.

Job: Grand Theft Tardis!! (or Grand Theft TimeMachines)

With a entery race of Time Lords traveling anywhere and everywhere in anytime, they needs a lot and lot of enemys and TimeMachine thefts! Is a job with future ^^

Colors: 30!
Size: 120x120

x2

"Tiny pixelated boobies are the heart and soul of Castlevania"

Galactic Battlefare Capital Choice Part 1 , finished, releasing soon
GBF CC Part 2, WIP

ThreeOhFour

You know what? I'm silly. I forgot that the sprite jam has restrictions - colour and size, and so I went and painted a sprite that is too big with too many colours. This, therefore, is not a valid entry. However, I drew the thing with this theme in mind, so I am going to post it here anyway. I feel rather simple minded for not have kept the rules more clearly in mind.

Setting up a carnivorous salad bar on an asteroid taught Cosmic Colin a lot of lessons. Lessons in business management, lessons in customer service, but most of all lessons in carnivorous biology. Sometimes the salad that a customer ordered would, being carnivorous, reverse the roles and decline to be consumed by means of eating the would be eater.

Cosmic Colin realized very quickly that having meals rampaging on murderous sprees around his tables was not good for business. He hired Lenny - the universe's first Salad Sedater.

Lenny is not afraid of salad. Hell, after 9 years spent in one of the toughest Galactic Gangs around, the only thing Lenny fears in this world is his mother. No salad has ever gotten past Lenny, and chances are no salad ever will. When a customer indicates to Lenny that their salad is getting out of control - usually via a polite comment, hand signal or gurgling sound where their head used to be - Lenny convinces the salad that it's role is to be eaten, generally with his enormous club.

Those finding their children particularly whiny can also appeal to Lenny that he might encourage the children into having a nap whilst the parents enjoy their meal in peace.

For those of you with short memories who cannot remember what I wrote at the top, this is not an entry.

ElTipejoLoco

Ben, why don't you just make a sprite that does fit the contest? I mean, there's still, what, two days left? I'm not done with mine yet.

I think you could find some small amount of time to make a smaller Lenny sprite, don't you? Heh.

Dualnames

"I'm stupiddd. So don't mess with me" -Space Wanko

Well, that's Space Wanko. He's a superheroe (the suit comes for free) and he lives in Fuzzbol.
No one is a superheroe there except him. it's a mostly extraordinary job if you actually skip the constant danger , no money, useless fame, lack of privacy....

Actually, Wanko considers it a living hell, and he's damn right.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Die Anna

Guess I score nothing for creativity and another zero for lazy:

And I screwed up the transparency too :D

Mordalles

thanks, guys, for all the great entries!

I now announce the winner . . . after much thought and internal mental struggle . . .

Pslim!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk