Fallen Legend - Updated 29th December 2008

Started by DazJ, Wed 16/07/2008 02:17:21

Previous topic - Next topic

DazJ

**********UPDATED 13th SEPTEMBER 2008 - Scroll down for DEMO**********

Gamejelly Studios Proudly Announce

FALLEN LEGEND: An Epic Horror Adventure

Middle-aged book author Peter Lewis retreats to the Canadian Rockies to gather influence for his next book. Ideally situated in a remote lonely wooden lodge on the side of a lake, Peter's idea of peace is somewhat shattered after a string of endless nights' sleep...Where are those screams and chants coming from?

With a craving to investigate, he delves deep into the heart of the mountains...deep into the depths of the forest...deep into an unimaginable adventure of pure terror.

Screenshots:

Promotional:

Background & Character Art - "srsiete"
Music - "Mods"
Design & Code - "DazJ"
Additional Material - "Nathan J J Ormerod"

The project is coming along nice and smoothly. I've got an amazing team working on this with me and it's an absolute pleasure working with them. There's some incredible talent involved and I truly am honored.

For more information visit the Official Webpage at http://www.gamejelly.net

I'll keep updating when there's more to report.

UPDATE: 13th SEPTEMBER 2008

Voice samples now online!

RIGHT-CLICK & SAVE TARGET AS

Peter - our hero - http://www.gamejelly.net/extras/peter_sample.mp3 - Voiced by Phillip Sacramento.

Pam - our hero's new friend - http://www.gamejelly.net/extras/pam_sample.mp3 - Voiced by Sara Barrack.

UPDATE: 10th SEPTEMBER 2008

The voice of Peter Lewis has now been cast.

The voice of Pam is 99% sealed.

UPDATE: 23rd JULY 2008

New screenshot:

UPDATE: 28th JULY 2008

New screenshot:

***DEMO RELEASED***

Left-click - WALK/INTERACT
Right click - LOOK

There's still some slight issues that need ironing out but here it is:

http://www.gamejelly.net/FL_Demo_v1.zip

Enjoy!

UPDATE: 29th DECEMBER 2008

Despite some personal issues preventing any further development, Fallen Legend is now back in production.

Ubel

Hey, this looks very very good. In spite of the lens flare. ;) The concept sounds like it could make a very nice adventure game. Good luck with it!

neon

Very nice graphics. Will this be free or commercial?

DazJ

Quote from: Pablo on Wed 16/07/2008 04:47:49
Hey, this looks very very good. In spite of the lens flare. ;) The concept sounds like it could make a very nice adventure game. Good luck with it!

If there's one thing I hate, it's lens flare. But I REALLY needed that look in there to set the opening scene.

Quote from: neon on Wed 16/07/2008 09:10:36
Very nice graphics. Will this be free or commercial?

It will be commercial. We will however release a playable demo in due course.

Brad Newsom

If you want to go commercial, never use photoshop filters. They look horrendous, especially with the beautiful artwork underneath it. Find otherways to create lighting. Just NEVER use photoshop filters (except blur, sharpen, and the more subtle ones)

Cyrus

Great! What GUI and inventory are you using?

Dualnames

MODS in it. Nice..you got yourself a team.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

DazJ

I've removed the lens flare from the game :)

We're using our own designed GUI which is very similar to Broken Sword's and so far it seems to be working great.

Yep, Mods' in it :)

Akatosh

I'm not all too happy with the looks of the character in the second screenshot (especially the "smooth" scaling), but on the overall, this seems like a potentially neat game. Not sure if it will be Epic, but it does seem to have at least some potential.

Also, m0ds in your team = instant win.  ;)

DazJ

Thanks.

Regarding the character's scaling, that's more or less a technical issue that I can't really do anything about. He needs to scale smoothly and that seems to be the best AGS can do, unless anyone knows of another way? Send me a PM if ya can help.

Makeout Patrol

Those backgrounds are amazing.

Ubel

Quote from: Akatosh on Wed 16/07/2008 16:22:43
Also, m0ds in your team = instant win.  ;)

Yeah but everybody knows Mods ONLY makes midi music. That's a bit hard to sell. ;)

Nikolas

Best of luck to this project. It looks quite lovely and I'm sure that mOds will create some great music for the game! :)

DazJ

Thanks guys.

Midi by the way can be just as effective if it's right for the style of game. It also helps create great atmosphere.

m0ds

Hehe...it's not going to have MIDI music! This year I've been concentrating on digital stuff. Thanks for the kind words! From what I've seen and learnt of it so far though Fallen Legend looks great! So I will try & help do it justice. Or just feck it all up :P Good luck DazJ & team

DazJ

You won't feck it up ;) If you did, I'd tell my mum on you.

A few more backgrounds are currently being worked on as I type this. Everything's still going smoothly, fingers crossed!

hedgefield

Cool, looks good. It reminds me a little of Alan Wake. I love the graphics style!

Cyrus

As I've noticed, your game has a lot in common with Broken Sword.

DazJ

Quote from: Cyrus on Mon 21/07/2008 14:53:12
As I've noticed, your game has a lot in common with Broken Sword.

What does it have in common with Broken Sword?

Nikolas

The title:

They both have the letter "E" on the 5th letter, and they both end in the letter "D"! :=

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk