Sprite Jam (2 - 10 september)

Started by Mazoliin, Tue 02/09/2008 16:26:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Mazoliin

Animal Sports

The name says it all, draw an animal doing some kind of sport, exsisting or not. It may be cats "shooting" hariballs, or a hippo playing golf, as long as it can be asumed to be a sport.

The fun ends here (aka - Rules):
* The maximum size is 200x200
* No colour limit
* Remember that the size limit is only for the sprite, thus, you can enter with a larger image (containing a background or something) but then the sprite should also be supplied as an single image

(Trophies might show up)

Mazoliin

*bump*

Does any one know this exsist or is it just so silly it isn't worth your time?
If some one want to, I can extend it.

Questionable

I'm working on it, it's just a complex sprite requirement. We have to do an original sprite AND show them playing a sport (with probably other sprites, because there aren't too many individual 'sports.')
All my trophies have disappeared... FINALLY! I'm free!

EdLoen

the sprite(119x84):

11colors+transparency

and the full image(165x200).  I present: Acorn Drop!  the favored sport of squirrels everywhere. 

[Commentator: "He lines up the shot... Look at that form."]

~~
I burn/dodged shaded the environment so there's probably a ton of in between colors but since there's no limit it doesn't matter.
The caption goes with the image I just didn't feel like slapping it on it.

Mr. Mozzarella

It's a shark playing soccer. Please don't laugh. He deserves your respect because he misses what's most important for soccer: feet.
Night of Fire - Thread

I control, I am in charge of
Everyones future, red button is mine

Paper Carnival

I'm gonna be a jerk and ruin your entry by saying that sharks don't actually have a tail like that. It should be rotated by 90 degrees and it's still very hard for him to move it fast enough to hit the ball. Not to mention jump out of the water.

So lets just pretend you drew an ugly faced dolphin... :P

Mr. Mozzarella

Sorry, I did notice that when I drew it, but it would have been more difficult do make it look like it could kick the ball if I had used the natural tail ... this soccer shark has had special training to turn his tail towards the ball  :P and of course it's not jumping out of the water but playing underwater. I just didn't paint a background to make that clear.
Maybe if I'm bored tonight I might draw another version with a correct tail. But anyway I think it still looks more like a shark than a dolphin.

And I am also perfectly aware that it's not near as good as EdLoen's entry, I just thought it would be boring if he'd win without a second entry, I haven't drawn anything in ages and liked the subject, so I came up with it ...
Night of Fire - Thread

I control, I am in charge of
Everyones future, red button is mine

Akatosh

It's a chameleon playing Hide and Seek.  :=

Mazoliin

I'll be quick:

3 - Akatosh (maby he didn't draw a sprite, but so what? Who can tell?)

2 - Mr. Mozzarella

1 - (Quite obvious) EdLoen

And I'm sorry, no trophies this time. I've been to darn busy (read, lazy).

EdLoen

Thanks.  I kinda wish there were more entries though.  I'll have a new one started tomorrow night.  I have an early morning and don't quite have time to type something up tonight.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk