Photoshop Phuesday (9th September - 16th September)

Started by GarageGothic, Tue 09/09/2008 06:54:16

Previous topic - Next topic

GarageGothic

UPDATE: From today (Monday 15th September), you can post guesses on the submitted song titles in the thread. Please use spoiler tags. (In case you're the first to post and have everything figured out, consider not posting the full list but letting others have a chance as well). If your own song title hasn't been guessed by the end of Tuesday, please post it yourself.

After a year's absence, Photoshop Phateverday returns. TerranRich, the winner of the last competition, didn't have time to host one of his own. So with Gilbot's permission, I decided to kick off a new round myself. The time frame for this first competition will be a single week. I hope this will encourage people to get started right away instead of thinking they have plenty of time and then never getting around to posting anything.

-------------------------------------

What is a Photoshop Phriday? (just in case you forgot)

Photoshopping isn't drawing a completely new image -- It's editing images to create a new image, such as editing one image or combining several images. The contest usually lasts for a fortnight. Also, you don't have to specifically use Photoshop -- Paint Shop Pro, MSPaint, or any other programs can be used. Please make sure your image doesn't exceed the width of the screen.

See this link:
http://www.somethingawful.com/photoshop/

And for other examples, see here:
http://www.worth1000.com/

-------------------------------------

This week's mission, should you choose to accept it, is: Illustrate your favourite song title

Note that I write "favourite song title", not "title of your favourite song". This is all about translating a cool, fun or evocative song title into visuals in an unexpected way. Go through your record collection or mp3s, I'm sure you'll find at least a few titles that bring up absurd imagery in your mind. Here's an example that I mocked up a couple of years ago for reasons I no longer remember:

Personally I much preferred it without the song title on the poster, but someone I showed it to found the American playwright and Pink Floyd references a bit too obscure. This, however, leads me to the one rule of the competition:

Please try not to reveal your song title in your post or as text in the image itself. It's more fun for the rest of us to try to figure it out on our own. If you want, you can include the title using spoiler tags, or reveal it by the end of the competition if nobody has guessed it. Let me know if this is a problem, we can make exceptions if using the title is absolutely necessary for your image (a newspaper headline for instance) - especially if it's funnier that way.

Deadline is 16th September. I wish you all good photoshoppery.

Andail

Great activity, GG! I'll definitely have a go at it

Babar

A quick, and rather unimaginative entry, but it was just for fun.

Anyhow, welcome back Photoshop Phwhateverday!
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

LimpingFish

Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Domino

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/skeith2572/PP.jpg

For those who cannot figure out what my entry is, see below.
Spoiler
INVISIBLE TOUCH by GENESIS
[close]

Questionable

All my trophies have disappeared... FINALLY! I'm free!

SSH

I hope everyone explains these later, as Obi's is the only one I get...

unless there are song called Gandalf Flute, The invisible man's car  or Two halves of a watermelon on a haystack that's wearing rabbit ears.

zabnat

Couldn't come up with anything better. But I sure am glad that photoshop phateverday is back ;D

InCreator

GarageGothic

Great entries so far, guys. Keep 'em coming.

Like SSH said, some of them are quite cryptic - I'm sure I'll slap my forehead when LimpingFish's "crouching melon, hidden rabbit" image is explained. But it's all part of the fun

LimpingFish

Only Zabnat's has me stumped. Domino's did too, but I peeked at the answer. :P

Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

TheJBurger

Gosh, this is so obvious. I should have just pasted the answer on the top.

BOYD1981

that's not a bus btw

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Anyone who likes what I like should have no problem getting this one.

Domino

Oh geez, i figured that one out quick. I like it.  :)

Ryan Timothy B

It didn't quite come out as I had expected, but here it is. :P
It was a random song in winamp.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk