Animation Competition: Work Party [Jan 13 - 29] WINNER

Started by Charity, Tue 13/01/2009 05:55:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Charity

Arlene Campbell and Edward Yamamoto have just met at a boring work party.  It's your job to entertain them.

Show them talking, drinking, flirting, dancing.  Anything two professionals might do at a semi-formal social function.  Or if that's just too boring, see if you can help them find a creative (or destructive) way to liven things up a bit.  The sky's the limit.

But here are the other limits:

Official Rules:
-A sprite is supplied, with a theme.
-Participants must use the given sprite for their animation.
-The starter of each competition will decide on the winner.
-The winner, who will decide on the next competition's theme, must also supply a sprite.

My additional rules:
-You must use both of the supplied sprites, but you can reposition them as you see fit.
-You are free to resize the canvas.
-Both sprites must be at least minimally animated (That is, if one sprite is responsible for most of the action, at least make the other blink or laugh or something.)
-You may introduce additional sprites, be they props or other co-workers as you see fit.

Jakerpot

i will submit a entry, i done the animation on graphic gale but i cant turn it into gif, so i'm downloading a gif creator to export ALL the frames (it have SOME). Expect for a BLOODY PARTY!!!!!!

ALPHATT

just get the sharware version of grapics gale and compile it into a .gif
/sig

Jakerpot

Jakerpot

srry for the double post, but there is a trophie for it ?

IndieBoy

Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:55
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

Jakerpot

but i like them, i like rewards, i like to win, i like to lose too sometimes when its fun. I do it for fun, but if i had a trophie i would be glad  :D
rewards estimulate people, i bet if he putted some trophies on the game, he would get more entries...

ALPHATT

/sig

rharpe

I haven't done an animation for a loooooooooong time... hope you all like it:
"Hail to the king, baby!"

paolo

"It's your job to entertain them. Show them talking, drinking, flirting, dancing. Anything two professionals might do at a semi-formal social function."

I don't remember the last semi-formal social function I went to where professionals exploded and vaporised each other ;D

Anyway, I'm not submitting an entry, so I'll just keep quiet.

rharpe

Quote from: paolo on Thu 29/01/2009 13:15:10
"It's your job to entertain them. Show them talking, drinking, flirting, dancing. Anything two professionals might do at a semi-formal social function."

I don't remember the last semi-formal social function I went to where professionals exploded and vaporised each other ;D
Sorry, I suppose I should have explained... The man was trying to impress the lady with his electrifying personality. Needless to say, the guy doesn't have very much control.  :o

Dualnames

Quote from: rharpe on Thu 29/01/2009 14:21:44
Quote from: paolo on Thu 29/01/2009 13:15:10

Sorry, I suppose I should have explained... The man was trying to impress the lady with his electrifying personality. Needless to say, the guy doesn't have very much control.  :o

I thought he was Darth Sidious..
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Jakerpot

in my he got nervous... and then he lose his mind  ;D

Charity

That day, Arlene Campbell and Edward Yamamoto learned a very important lesson about Equivalent Exchange.  Mankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  And to bring life to a party, someone must die.

Ah.  Three guesses where that came from.  Heh.

On to the evaluations:
jakerpot -
Pros: The animation nominally depicts smalltalk/flirting, which fits the theme.  Some of the blood spurts flowed well.
Cons: The sprites remain basically static.  The animation could be smoother and tidier.

rharpe -
Pros: The animation is smooth and aesthetically pleasing.  Both characters are thoroughly animated.
Cons: The animation does not depict typical Work Party behavior or tie atypical behavior into the theme in a visibly coherent way.

Conclusion:
Gold medal - rharpe

Silver medal - jakerpot

Congratulations, both.

Domino

jakerpot, you got a trophy now. Accept it with pride.

rharpe

Quote from: Lyaer on Sat 31/01/2009 01:00:57
rharpe -
Pros: The animation is smooth and aesthetically pleasing.  Both characters are thoroughly animated.
Cons: The animation does not depict typical Work Party behavior or tie atypical behavior into the theme in a visibly coherent way.
I suppose I could have come up with something less violent... ;) Glad you liked it. Thanks for the gold trophy!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk