Sprite Jam - Classical [ends 24th]

Started by Daniel Thomas, Wed 11/02/2009 16:35:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel Thomas

Sprite Jam - Classical [ends 24th]

Make a character and incorporate something classical, its up to you what you think is classical - it can be the classical suite, a character from a classical film etc.

Restriction: As long as its workable with AGS, and is reasonable to animate(any kind, pixel, hand drawn, cut-out)

Ill start the voting the 24th of February, unless someone asks for extension.

Good luck and have fun! :)
Check out The Journey of Iesir Demo | Freelance artist, check out my Portfolio

ThreeOhFour

Allow me to present to you:

The Golden Flutitionist!

(2x zoom)

By day, she is a humble flutist, playing classical pieces in the Grimcity symphony orchestra. But at night, she dons her ridiculously stripy tights and sets out to battle crime, using the paralyzing sonic frequencies emitted by her powerful instrument to bring the crooks to justice, in the hopes of finding and defeating her arch-nemesis, and the only Crime Boss around who is impervious to her powerful attacks: Deaf Willy.

4 colours.

Edit:

Here, we see the Golden Flutitionist taking on one of the criminal scum on the street at nights:

You might have a knife, crook, but you sure forgot hearing protection! You're no match for the Golden Flutitionist!

SpacePirateCaine

Mr. Gabriel Urbain Fauré.

This is still a work in progress, I'm still not very happy with the contrast or sepia tones, so the image will be updated over time, but I thought I'd put it here to kind of reserve the spot. I will be updating the sprite probably a few times during the course of the next few days, but here's what we've got so far.
Check out MonstroCity! | Level 0 NPCs on YouTube! | Life's far too short to be pessimistic.

ALPHATT

I really like yours SPC  ;)

I'll be entering this by the way.
/sig

Ghost

Sweet theme. I always liked the old tales of Greek Mythology, and I think they *can* be called classic...

What's a god's life- an adventure! One where look, push, open, close and talk are not the limit.
So when you're facing a serious quest... ask yourself... what would ARTEMIS do?

x2

bicilotti

Quote from: Ghost on Thu 12/02/2009 18:30:15
So when you're facing a serious quest... ask yourself... what would I do to ARTEMIS?

Interesting question indeed.

Andorxor

She would probable turn someone into a animal and hunt him

Misj'

Sorry Zyndikate, but I probably won't have time to work on anything for the spritejam these next few weeks (but then again, I thought the same last time)...

Ghost, nice sprite...well, what would she do? - Kill Orion, mess with the Trojan war, turn men into stags...the usual stuff (and I don't even dare speak about the original Ephesian Artemis).

ThreeOhFour

And you thought I was over drawing robots hehe :D

I would like to present:

The Class-I CAL (Cybernetically Augmented Lifeform).

The Class-I features several important enhancements over it's predecessors - namely glowy green lines. Designed to function normally in a social environment, it also has a range of functions such as EMP waves, cloaking device and motion detection. The female unit here is displaying the nanite wings which allow transport - the male unit has these deactivated and thus looks completely humanoid.

Done at enormously high resolution, just to show some contrast with my other sprite.

Still four colours ;).

Edit:

vvv  Ghost! Now that's a pun! :D   vvv

Ghost

Quote from: Ben304 on Sat 14/02/2009 12:02:15

Do they run on Class-I Cal Gas ?

Edit:

^ ^ ^ ^ ^   
I live to entertain . Also, for cake. ;)
V V V V V V

paolo

Quote from: Ben304 on Sat 14/02/2009 12:02:15
I would like to present:

[snip]

vvv  Ghost! Now that's a pun! :D   vvv

Now here's another pun... Ghost drew an "arty miss" :)

bog

classical mobster? does that work?

Daniel Thomas

Good entries all!

Ill declare a winner tomorrow(sorry for saying that it would be a voting, old BG blitz-habbits) :)
Unless someone asks for a extension of time any time soon.

good work all so far! :>

Andail

Zyndikate, remember the deadline. We're trying to maintain a certain pace here.

Daniel Thomas

Ah yes! I forgoth it - so busy at school right now.

Im still busy, got a deadline tomorrow so I wont write any crit, sorry about that.

I will declare Ben as winner - mostly for his idea and imaginative description of the character(the first entry)
With SPC as close up for his nice execution if the sprite.
Not to forget bog and ghost, also good ideas and execution!

Anyway, congratz to ben.

Ghost

Congratulations, ben! And thanks to zyndikate for a fun jam!

ThreeOhFour

Hooray, and thanks to everyone who entered for making it a fun jam.

Now... time for the dead to walk the earth again  :o ;)!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk