AGS Super Mario Tune Contest, deadline May 11

Started by djres, Fri 01/05/2009 20:36:15

Previous topic - Next topic

djres

Hey everybody, I'm going to keep the rules for this contest short and sweet.  I want to hear everybody's take on the 8-bit genre, so the theme for this contest is Super Mario.  Write a tune that you think would be fitting for an old school NES Mario Brothers level.  If you feel like going the extra mile, describe the details of the level it is made for, ie is it above ground, underground, under water or a lava pit level maybe.  Be creative and have fun!

Wyz

Well I was expecting more entries, I always wanted to make a nes tune or sort.

Here is my tune, not very briljant, nowhere close to koji kondo, but all right I guess.

Tune (Loop)
I think it suits a bonus level, maybe a minigame with a lots of rapid movement.
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

DoorKnobHandle

Aw, man. Saw this one too late, if we could extend the deadline for 24 hours I could deliver.

Stupot

Yeh, I've only just noticed this too... surprised there was only one entry.. its a great theme.

djres

Great tune Wyz, I love it, just exactly what I had in mind for this contest.  It seems like it would fit well in the original Mario Brothers arcade game.  Great job!

Sorry that the thread was unnoticable, I guess next time I ought to put some more exclamation marks in the title or something:)  Anyway, the winner is of course Wyz, so hopefully he will be able to come up with a more popular theme for next time!

Inkoddi

What?! How did I miss this? Bleh, asdfasdf.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk