Fortnightly Writing Competition - 30th June to 13th July - WINNER announced!

Started by Sinitrena, Tue 30/06/2009 17:39:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinitrena

Sometimes, the world turns upside down. Nothing seems as it was before. Is this just what a  character feels or has the sky become the earth? Whatever you make of it, something should not be or seem as it usually is.

General rules:

• the length of your entry isn't important
  • all entries should be in by 13th July
  • voting will start after the 13th and last for 2 days
  • the winner will host the next fortnightly writing competition

I hope for as many entries as last round.

Enjoy writing!

KrisMacDee

Hmm interesting.. I may enter something :-\ i'll start brainstorming
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? You're a mile away and you've stolen his shoes! - Billy Connelly

Trihan

.renoos ti deciton evah dluohs I ,tsenoh eb ll'I
                                                               .emit eht ta meht no pu kcip t'ndid tsuj I .ereht erew sngis eht ,gnorw em teg t'noD
                                                                                                                                     .yhw ro deneppah ti nehw erus ton m'I
    tfel ym esu ot dah dna rennid tae ot tuoba saw I nehw saw gnorw saw gnihtemos taht aedi na dah yllaer I emit tsrif ehT
                                                                                                                                   .krof ym dloh ot thgir ym fo daetsni dnah
                                                                                                                                      ?thgir ,hguoht egnarts TAHT ton s'tahT
                                                                                                                                                   .yawyna thgouht I tahw s'tahT
                                                                                                                                               .erom yna ti yned t'nac I won tuB
                                                                                                                                   ?em pleh uoy naC .rorrim ym ni kcuts m'I

Edit: for shits and giggles -

Atelier

Blizzard

Snow fell like spindrift,
Tumbling from the sky.
It graced the boles of the evergreens,
And fell on mountains high.

Flakes of crystal beauty,
Gleaming in the haze.
Settling on branch, on leaf,
Their diamond faces ablaze.

But when the snowfall ceases,
The land is once more still.
The globe's part has ended,
And returned to the windowsill.

uncle-mum

Castlevania 64 is the greatest video game of all time.

Abisso

It's my first time in this competition so I really don't know if some rules prevents me to do so, but I translated a poem I wrote (Italian->English). Obviously, I couldn't transpose everything properly, but since I don't use rhymes, I at least avoided that matter.

This is basically how I feel most of the time...

Shouting Inside

I leave my window ajar
making room for the Moon
that, demure, peeps
in the empty hall

Like a bat I move around
blind, between these four walls,
throwing silent screams
no-one else can hear.

And I grasp feebly
to the branches of my existence
of an overturned world
incomprehensible and obscure.

Every cry is deaf and vain
does not reach any of you
and the piercing roar serves,
merely,
               to tear me inside.
Welcome back to the age of the great guilds.

Sinitrena

Nearly forgot about this...

Abisso, as far as I am concerned your entry is completely valid.

Well, there are a few hours left for last minute entries, so hurry up if you are working on something.

-----------------------------------------

Edit: Deadline - Thanks for entering, everyone.

Time to vote!

uncle-mum

I'm going to scrawl an X in the box next to Trihan's name.

Trihan

Atelier

It puts me in a bad position, but I'm going for Trihan for the good idea.

Akatosh

Sinitrena

All right, voting is over and we have a clear winner this time.

Congrats, Trihan. It's up to you to start a new competition.

Trihan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk