Animation Competition: Winner Announced

Started by Misj', Sun 19/07/2009 11:23:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Misj'

In line with the previous theme I'll stick to special-effects animation for this competition. You've probably all seem it in various animation movies: a bubble of air is forming in some liquid substance (a swamp, a pot over a fire in a witch's house, etc)...and at some point it will burst.

Rules
- At it's biggest size (before bursting) the bubble should be between 10 and 50 pixels in diameter.
- You may have multiple bubbles to create a loop, but this isn't required.
- The liquid in which the bubble is forming may be anything from a transparent soap-water, blue sea, a brown swamp, to green pea-soup. Of course the viscosity of these liquids will be slightly different, which may have some effect on the bubble itself.
- The host will decide the winner.

Supplied sprite
Uncommon to the animation competition I will not provide a sprite here. Partly because I have a drawing style and approach that is not very common here at AGS, and partly because the competition is about something that is forming...which would make it impossible to provide a sprite in the first place.

Duration
The competition will end the 1st of August.

Have Fun!

Disclaimer:
The goal of this competition is to create an animation that is usable in a game that YOU would make (rather than one in the style of the host) and I tried to keep it as style-independent as possible.

Ghost

Sounds like a fun one, count me in! Space reserved for later haunting!

Twirlly

I am eager to start doing animation comps again, but i guess I liked the idea that sprites were given in the past since I personally can't draw well, and even if I created other objects around the sprite given, I still had something to go off of... but given the somewhat ease of topic I'll do my best to create a decent entry  ;D
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

Gudforby

monkey0506

$1...no kidding...right as the green bubble was bursting the commercial on TV said, "What is that I smell?" ;D

Misj'

Time to close the event. While it's a pity there weren't more contestants, I think it's clear who the winner is: OneDollar (great entry by the way). :)

You have the 'honour' of hosting the next Animation Competition (hopefully it'll be a little more successful than mine).

OneDollar

I was afraid of this. I'll see what I can come up with.

Ghost

Congrats, OD! And sorry about me missing out.
*sigh* Times are tough.

IndieBoy

Well done 1$! I was working on an entry, but it was a casualty of a low battery. Oh well on to the next competition.
Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:55
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk