The Blackwell Convergence

Started by Dave Gilbert, Thu 23/07/2009 20:32:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Gilbert

It's out!  It's oouuuuuttttt!!!  There was a bit of trouble with the online store so I put off announcing it here, but it's all fixed now so here we go...

A new film opens to rave reviews, despite its bloody history.  A beautiful uptown office remains unoccupied, despite its prime location.  A downtown artist berates himself for selling out, while a Wall Street investor congratulates himself on a job well done.  Just normal life in the big city?  Or is somthing more sinister binding these events together?

Bizarre connections are a dime a dozen for the Blackwell family, but just how far back do they go? Medium Rosangela Blackwell and her spirit guide Joey Mallone are about to find out.

View the teaser/trailer here!

Buy it:
HERE!

Screenshots:

A job well done.

Rosa's not in New York anymore...

Hot on the trail of a killer ghost.

Joey is asked a difficult question.

Team:
Writer/designer/coder: Dave Gilbert
Background artist: Luminous Arts
Portrait artist: Ian Schlaepfer (Big Brother)
Sprite/animation artist: Shane Stevens (ProgZMax)
Music: Thomas Regin
Poster art: Dan Lee

Some voice samples:
- Rosangela
- Joey
- Rosangela and Joey

Demo:
Get it HERE

In case you missed it, view the teaser/trailer here!

Price:
$14.99

For more details on the game (like character info, concept sketches, and other goodies),  please mosey over to the Wadjet Eye Games website.

Peder 🚀

Bought (pre-ordered)
Downloaded
Played
Finished

Great game!! ;D.
Maybe now its time to for me to finally play the previous games properly and try and finish them? :P.
Allready looking forward to the next game! ^^

Takyon

I need to buy this asap. Most anticipated game for ages since I played the demo.
ghost.

Trihan

Bought (pre-ordered)
Download was broken
Download was broken
Download was broken
Download worked!
Played
Finished
Turned on commentary
Finished again
Had a wonderful conversation with Dave about the whole thing.

My life is now complete!

Ghost

Quote from: Trihan on Thu 23/07/2009 22:40:51
Played Finished Turned on commentary Finished again

Are you that quick, or is the game on the very short side?
Also, congratulations on releasing it, Dave!

Dave Gilbert

Peder and Trihan managed to get the game much earlier than this announcement.  I had a bit of tech trouble with the store, which is why I put off this announcement until it was fixed.  But... it's fixed now!  Glad you guys managed to get the game. :)

Peder 🚀

Quote from: Trihan on Thu 23/07/2009 22:40:51
Download was broken
Download was broken
Download was broken

Hehe same here, though I decided to leave that info out :P.

I have yet to replay it with the commentary on!

Also Ghost, as Dave said, we Pre-Ordered so we had our hands on the game alot earlier than this announcement!

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Hooray! Now to sit back and have people send us money!

Thanks to everyone who buys/will buy/has bought this game I have spent so many hours doing artwork for :).

Vince Twelve

ProgZ, it's like I'm finally paying you for all this Resonance work you've done for me!  Enjoy you bathtub full of whatever your percent of my $15 is!

Dave, I've had it for a while, as you know, and I haven't beaten it yet.  But it's looking awesome so far!  Congrats on the release!

Brad Newsom

FYI the demo link doesn't go straight to the demo file.

Anyways, I look forward to playing this. I wish the download link to the original game was still working. :( Damn it. I don't want to rebuy it just to play it....so I don't know.

Dave Gilbert

Hi brad.  By "link to original game" what are you referring to?

IndieBoy

Great game, certainly the best out of the series. Well done for all who was involved, you guys did a good job. Although some teething problems getting the game out there Dave has handled the situation professionally and this shouldn't discredit how excellent this game is.

I liked how this game is much longer than the others and is 100% worth it's price tag.

Keep bringing out these epic games Mr Gilbert. Today AGS, tomorrow the WORLD!
Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:55
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

GarageGothic

Congrats on the release, Dave! Really looking forward to play the finished version (not that the beta wasn't excellent in itself).

Peder 🚀

Quote from: Dave Gilbert on Fri 24/07/2009 12:05:00
Hi brad.  By "link to original game" what are you referring to?

Maybe he is referring to the previous games?

Brad Newsom

Quote from: Dave Gilbert on Fri 24/07/2009 12:05:00
Hi brad.  By "link to original game" what are you referring to?

When you purchase the game a year or so ago, you were given an exclusive link to the game through email. I recall say it had an unlimited lifetime, but the link became 404.

Peder 🚀

Yeah. You should of burned it on a CD! :P.
I think Dave can fix that for you :).
It's because then he had his own shop, now it goes through some company.

Brad Newsom

Quote from: Peder Johnsen on Fri 24/07/2009 17:59:56
Yeah. You should of burned it on a CD! :P.
I think Dave can fix that for you :).
It's because then he had his own shop, now it goes through some company.

Exactly what went through my mind. I also bought a couple of other games.  Lost those too, except they were time limited....

Seriously, you guys should look into Steamworks. Selling it over Steam will definitely raise profits, especially for an independent game. Plus, the download sticks with you forever...

So there, thats my Steamworks plug for the day. lol

Wesray

Played and finished it in one (extended) sitting, which shows how much it pulled me in. It was a very enjoyable experience, especially the ongoing bickering between Rosa and Joey. Gotta love those two! I also liked the bonus material - still have to listen to the commentary, though.

Only downside... now we probably have to wait a long time for the continuation of the story. When does Blackwell 4 come out, Dave? ;D
THE FAR CORNERS OF THE WORLD: Chapter 2 currrently in the works...

Dave Gilbert

Brad:

You probably bought the game using the old Cubecart store, which was hosted on the Wadjet Eye Games site.  When things became more busy for me and the traffic got too much to handle, I switched over to Plimus.  But, all teh orders are still archived.  If you go to http://www.wadjeteyegames.com/oldstore and enter you login info, you should still be able to nab your games.  Let me know if it works.  If it doesn't, give me a shout and I'll get you your copies.

Brad Newsom

Quote from: Dave Gilbert on Fri 24/07/2009 22:11:39
Brad:

You probably bought the game using the old Cubecart store, which was hosted on the Wadjet Eye Games site.  When things became more busy for me and the traffic got too much to handle, I switched over to Plimus.  But, all teh orders are still archived.  If you go to http://www.wadjeteyegames.com/oldstore and enter you login info, you should still be able to nab your games.  Let me know if it works.  If it doesn't, give me a shout and I'll get you your copies.

Thank you for that! Never was redirected there, so I lost hope. It worked like a charm. :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk