New remade Intro for my game

Started by Dred Rubacant, Sat 01/08/2009 05:25:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Dred Rubacant

I been working on the new intro for my game. Its still kinda long.  I only have to do 2 more short seens and it will be done.  What do you think of it so far.  It still needs some work and i still need to proofread  it and work on the scripted.

i try to make it more Comical  then before. More interactions between the Characters. I try to make it so the story is more understanding.

Full  intro  http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xa13cf_maniac-mansion-the-new-saga-fan-gam_videogames
Some say i need panels! and Some say i dont Need them.   WHERES THE DRUGS I'm going CRAZY. Plus I must have been on Drugs and a Maniac if i was going to name the game Maniacs Mansion.

What was i thinking!!!!!

Dred Rubacant

Sorry it seem photo bucket didnt post the full video. WIll fix it soon.
Some say i need panels! and Some say i dont Need them.   WHERES THE DRUGS I'm going CRAZY. Plus I must have been on Drugs and a Maniac if i was going to name the game Maniacs Mansion.

What was i thinking!!!!!

TandyLion

Grammar and spelling errors intentional?

Dred Rubacant

I still need to proofread  it.  Grammar and spelling errors not intentional. After i finsh the last two seens I'm going to check it and see what i can do to improve the scripted.

What was i thinking!!!!!

Galen

The cursing doesn't really seem to fit Bernard. I just can't imagine him ever using anything worse then darn/dang.

Dred Rubacant

Quote from: Crazy on Sat 01/08/2009 23:48:04
The cursing doesn't really seem to fit Bernard. I just can't imagine him ever using anything worse then darn/dang.

Your right. I was thinking the same. 

Im trying to make each character have there own  personality. I need to make Bernard have a more nerdy and sciencetic one.

New Full intro here  http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xa13cf_maniac-mansion-the-new-saga-fan-gam_videogames

What was i thinking!!!!!

Ghost

Well, spelling aside (as you said you're going to have it proofread) it's quite a nice intro. Sets a good mood, and you obviously have some plans here ;) Bernhard definitely needs
to curse less- but that already has been mentioned.

Since it really IS a long intro, you could make it a bit more lively, maybe adding some (small) animations: Bernhard pointing towards Ned when he calls for Dave, or Ned striking the typical "mad scientist" pose when he laughs. Just the talking animations are okay, but why not add some extra polish?

I must say your MM project really has come a long way- keep going!

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I think the intro is a bit long but it does interest me in seeing more.  Also, I like the use of Johnny Be Good and the tune at Bernard's house.  They both fit well into the Maniac Mansion style.  The two 'villain' themes don't work as well, imo (I think one of them is from Metal Gear?).  Adding incidental animations as Ghost suggests goes a long way towards making characters endearing/interesting, like having bernard put his hands on the side of his face when he finds out what's happening on tv.  Looks good so far!

Chicky

It's cool! I liked it. Like has been said add some expression frame's to that animation, even if it's one frame for the pose it will still add to the characters.

Dred Rubacant

Hi  Thank you for the help and ideas.  DO you have any other ideas that could improve this intro?

What other face expressions and poses should  Ned, Ed and Dave could do.

Any other types of detail i could add?

What was i thinking!!!!!

mariogamemaster

Hello Rubacant and I would like to help you make MM The New Saga. I have watched all of your MM The New Saga videos and seen that the storyline is superb. I've also heard on Adventure Treff on this thread http://www.adventure-treff.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16=12395&start=0 that you would like some help. I've been using AGS for about two years now and am really experienced in AGS's code. If you accept please just reply saying YES, and give me a link to download whatever you got of the game then tell me what you need me to do and I will start working! Thank You!

Matti

This thread is 5 (!) years old, the one you linked is even older, and rubacant hasn't logged in since 2011. (wrong)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk