Sprite Jam - Ends the 12th

Started by loominous, Wed 05/08/2009 20:45:49

Previous topic - Next topic

loominous

Looking for a writer

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

A quick entry to start things off.  7 colors.

All it wanted was life.  All it found was death.

CAN ANYTHING STOP THE

ContaminANT was born in a toxic landfill soup of discarded biochemicals, used diapers and partially depleted uranium.  From a television at a security station it learned of a beautiful place called 'Yellowstone National Park' and now it wants to experience life beyond the landfill.  But with government agents hot on the trail, ContaminANT will have to learn to adapt in order to make it there alive.

Gazzo

This is my first entry to a sprite jam! here it goes!!!

It's an friendly green ant like fly like hahaha BUG! doesn't have any powers or anything, it just likes to live in peace :P!!!

12 colors :)

i'd like to know how to display the images here without the bg i know it's something about the alpha channel hahaha and ones knew it, just can't remember :P!!!
(*---\- \ Adolfo Gazzo / -/---*)

Ghost

Sex-ay. Nimble. Too small to carry any guns.

Lara: Hive Raider. Doing backflips in a beehive in your town.

x2
x3

edit:
Added enlarged images- they appear a bit fuzzy, but I hope it's worth it.

Arboris

For some reason the first thing that popped in my mind when reading "alien insect" is one of those monsters in japanese super sentai shows for kids. (you know, power ranger stuff)

60x60 with 12 colours total

I've reused my purple/blue transition from my previous space invader entry, since it makes for a groovy alien color scheme. (Well, atleast I think so :P)

Concept shooter. Demo version 1.05

Matti

A mantis. I made it in a hurry and the pose is rather boring, but well:

7 colors + transparency and shading.

FruitTree

Francois the macho ladybug says 'sup?

2x

46x37 - 4 colours

jerakeen

This is something like a stick insect

7 colors + transparency

EdLoen

It's Crikey Cricket. Poor guy, no matter how hard he tries, nothing ever seems to go his way.  Not even his spiffy suit and tie helps.

x2

10 colors + trannsparency

And cause i was bored further, i did up a higher res one, and because i couldn't sprite some little things (like the coattails)

6 colors + transparency, not counting shading.

Misj'

Last minute entry...maybe a bit too last minute ;)

So ever wondered what those pesky little bugs look like that seem to eat your computer from the inside?

Line-art & Sketching: Painter X
Colouring: Photoshop CS3
Size: 224x202
Flat-Colours: 7 (plus black) the layer of the static glow has the same yellow and red from the bug, but at different transparencies.
Shadings and glows were done using effects-layers in photoshop (and I didn't count them in the colours); should this be considered a breach of the rules please look at the non-shaded image below.

Some additional images:

Lineart                                             Original Flats                                      No Shading                                         No Lines

EDIT:
I've added this sketch of a little baby-bug. Because that's where it all started (both for the bug, and for the drawing). It's a girl  ;D

Ps. I like the big, black, alien-like eyes on my bugs.
Pps. And considering the way my computer currently behaves, I wouldn't be surprised if bugs really ate microchips.

loominous

Alrighty!

Nice to see a good amount of entries, and very nice ones at that!

To select the next host I generated a random number, which fell on EdLoen.

(In case Ed can't host I did a backup generation which fell on FruitTree, so I hope he can step in if need be).

Nice round!
Looking for a writer

Misj'

EdLoen

A win by rando-gen, hahah, ok =).

Thank you, and great entries everyone =)  Now to come up with a good topic....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk