Animation Competition - Signature Moves - Winner Announced!

Started by ThreeOhFour, Wed 19/08/2009 09:42:00

Previous topic - Next topic

ThreeOhFour

Theme: One of my favourite things about arcade style fighting games as a kid was working out how to do each character's signature moves. I want you to create an animation of a brand new signature fighting move for this (or your own) character sprite!

Rules:
- Your animation must follow the theme above.
- No size, colour or frame limits.
- You may animate the supplied sprite, modify and animate the supplied sprite or draw and animate your own sprite.
- All entries must be posted in this thread by the deadline below.
- The host of the competition will judge the winner.

Supplied Sprite:

For those of you who like to use layers, I've added a second version of the sprite with the body and arms ready for adding in to seperate layers. Remember you don't have to use this sprite, you can draw your own!

Deadline:
All entries must be in by the 2nd of September!

Remember that a signature move can be as simple as shooting laser beams from the eyes or poking someone in the eye, so don't stress if you have trouble producing an animation; all entries are welcome!

Matti

Atelier

Lad

Ok, I did something for this competition also. Hope you like it!  ;D
If I find some more time I will make it more interesting. But here it is for now!

I also made this little mock-up. Used only the colors give by Ben.

ThreeOhFour

Okay, and it is time to announce a winner!

Two very nice entries this time, my thanks to both AtelierGames and Lad for your entries! It was a tough one to call, but I am announcing Lad as the winner!

Great work both of you, and onto the next comp :)

Lad

Thank you Ben!  :)

I will start the next competition tomorrow or the day after it.

Atelier

Congratulations Lad. But Ben, there's no need to lie to cushion the blow (so to speak), Lad's animation thrashed mine, like I asked him to. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk