Tune Contest: ended!

Started by Wyz, Sat 05/09/2009 14:52:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Wyz

Tune contest
Think of your favorite book or story and imagine it's converted into a game. You are assigned to write the title song.
As an extra condition: it must be something completely new.
Furthermore: The story does not need to be know widely, if it's a short impression what it is about will be appreciated.

Also, don't forget to mention which story you picked. ;)

General rules
All entries should be in before 21 September
If your entry is not yet finished, you may still enter the incomplete version anyway.
After the deadline has passed I will pick a winner.
The winner thinks up the next tune contest.

Good luck!!

Update:
By request: If there are enough entries I will make throphies, otherwise I will make a throphy. :D
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

ShiverMeSideways

Will there be trophies? Yay, trophies! :D

Update:

Here's my submission: http://www.mediafire.com/?ygmay5jldat

It's a bit long (4 mins) and the quality might be a tad shoddy, but I hope it still consitutes a contest entry. If not, tell me what to do to fix that!

Also, I was inspired by the story V for Vendetta, that's why it's called Vendetta. Didn't turn out as epic as I'd hoped it would, but I'm proud of the riffs.

Update Update:

Since MediaFire tends to croak, the track is now available on MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/danneshorthreekingdoms. Pay no attention to the other tracks, those are old and shite. So is the photo, and that's not my guitar.

Phemar

Here's my entry, just finished it :D

It's the song that would play as Roland of Gilead shoots out that small desert town in the first Dark Tower book.

Listen here: http://www.box.net/shared/lbm7dln847

I was trying to go for a Metallica style.

I know some people might think that a metal track doesn't go down so well with a gunslinger marching into battle, but well I always pictured it with metal music rather than a Sergio Morricone soundtrack :P

(yay, trophies!)

Edit: new version, fixed some minor things and got rid of that volume fade in the beginning.

Wyz

Nice, now we're starting to get a compitition. :D

note: I will listen them all at once when the deadline passes, blindly and in random order so I'm not biased in any way.

ShiverMeSideways

Hey, Phemar, you used Guitar Pro too! With RSE even :). I wanted to ask what did you use to record? I'm also very glad to have some competition!

Phemar

Yep! Guitar pro all they way =D

To record all you have to do is open up windows volume control and make sure Stereo Mix is unmuted, then use the 'export as a wave file' function in guitar pro. Make sure there's no other sounds playing in the background like winamp, because guitar pro is directly recording whatever's coming out of the soundcard.
Also, you should turn down your wave balance quite a bit to prevent it from distorting when it records :D

Wyz

Gamn, you really made it hard for me; two excellent entries. :D
I could picture the tune together with the story by both songs very well, good show. Good, I still have to pick a winner, both had great guitar work! Hmm, I liked the riff of 'Vendetta' a bit more, but I'm going to give you both a trophy.

ShiverMeSideways:

Phemar:

I really enjoyed this competition, and I hope you did too. Well, yer up next ShiverMeSideways, good luck. :D

Phemar

Yay! It's actually nicer not winning because now I can enter the next tune comp :D

Well done, SHiverMeSideways.

ShiverMeSideways

Yay! Thanks, everyone. Heh, my very first (of many ;) ) tune contest, and I win, sweet! Phemar, I'd like to say that you also made a killer track, it really had that 'tallica feel! And, Wyz, really diggin' the storybook/guitar combo trophies, really nicely made :).

Next tune compo, coming right up!

PS: Is there something I should keep in mind when making a new compo, or should I just hit New Topic and go with it? :P

Wyz

Thanks, already was afraid nobody would notice the book. ;)

Well, apart from the deadline not extending 2 weeks not really, as far as I know. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk