Paperwork

Started by Matti, Mon 07/09/2009 16:33:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Matti

These are around 50 sheets with scribblings, to-do-lists, ideas, calculations and other stuff. Well, they are for three projects and all three aren't adventures, but do you guys'n'gals have much paperwork too?

Babar

Yes.

To be fair, though, maybe about a quarter of that involves adventure game designs. And none of it involves the ones I completed.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

LimpingFish

I bought a single notepad and a packet of pencils the other day. I have yet to find the time to scribble.

I use pencils because I do most of my thinking while assuming the horizontal. Pens tend to stop working when held upside down.

All other paperwork from over the years has been shredded.

It will not be missed.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Oliwerko

Just some of the stuff from studying for final exams still lying on my table.

Matti

Well, I was originally talking about game-related paperwork. When it comes to general paperwork, I have some hundreds of sheets filling my room, mainly uni-stuff. I gotta get rid of everything I don't need anymore, it's all a bit messy...

This for example is one of my many (game-related) to-do-lists:

Jim Reed

Can I ask if this jumble is organised in any particular way?
It seems to me that making a game using that much paperwork is probably very hard.

Wyz

I've got nicely stacked piles of A4's ;D Mostly when my desk is full I all shuffle it together on a pile, and put it on bigger piles. Some of the piles have a destination, most of them just keeps the dust off the carpet. ;)
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

ThreeOhFour

I have a single notepad, but all the pages are filled with scribbles. Some of them actually game related...

TheJBurger

I keep a single notebook next to my computer and fill out it with queries of bugs and suggestions every time I play test my game.

It's fun to see it get longer, and longer, and longer each play session.  :P

abstauber

I'm also on of those notepad users.
Usually I use it on my way to work and back to fill in ideas, sketches and so on.
Although that notepad feels like a junk collector  :=

ShiverMeSideways

I once filled a copy book with scribbles about story and game mechanics and everything related to a game I started way, way, back when. Now I mostly just write stories and lyrics... But I go for copy books instead of notepads because they're bigger and instead of sheets of paper because it's easier for me to not lose my notes.

Dualnames

I'm going to need an aircraft to cover my paperwork pile (it's that big YES!)
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Calin Leafshade

My 'scribbles' are entirely computerised on google docs.

So im afraid I win..

My desk is still a fucking mess though..

ThreeOhFour

Quote from: Calin Leafshade on Tue 08/09/2009 10:47:55
My 'scribbles' are entirely computerised on google docs.

SoI'm afraid I win..

I tried making all my notes on a computer, but it seemed completely unintuitive, time consuming and pointless. I can't sit Satan Google Docs on my knee whilst mucking around in the editor and stick a keyboard behind my ear in easy reach. I know, Alt+Tab and all that jazz, but I like to take notes with the game/editor open. And in another room when an idea hits me.

So I refuse to accept your claim of winning  :=

Matti

Quote from: TheJBurger on Tue 08/09/2009 07:57:38
I keep a single notebook next to my computer and fill out it with queries of bugs and suggestions every time I play test my game.

It's fun to see it get longer, and longer, and longer each play session.  :P

Yeah, that's how I do it too. For one thing I accomplish there are three new ones coming. But I'm happy when I managed to do all the things on one list so I can throw it away!

Quote from: Ben304 on Tue 08/09/2009 10:53:35
I tried making all my notes on a computer, but it seemed completely unintuitive, time consuming and pointless.

[...]

but I like to take notes with the game/editor open. And in another room when an idea hits me.

So I refuse to accept your claim of winning  :=

Yep, everything seconded.

miguel

notebook and a pencil works for me
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Wonkyth

I've got a full sized Art pad, one of the BIG ones.
It stays in a special spot, and when I haven't got anything that needs doing, I sit down and write algorithms for the mechanics of games that will probably never see their first alpha test... :P
"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"

m0ds

Lots of paper work. My desk right now has several A4 sheets of designs for my latest project. My kinky island folder is over on my kitchen counter, and my FoY folder is tucked away in a big box - simply because the forum is far more use than paperwork! Oh, and I have about 5 notepads and 5 school work books filled with game stuff, but they're all packed away, ready to be burnt along with all my old school work when I finally realise I'm useless at this shit :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk