Sprite Jam (October 7th - 14th): C-c-c-combined Inventory Objects!

Started by Evil, Wed 07/10/2009 05:04:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Evil

Sprite Jam (October 7th - 14th): C-c-c-combined Inventory Objects!

Welcome everyone to this week's Sprite Jam!

Everyone last week did a great job, and I hope this week results in another group of great entries. This week I thought we'd try something maybe a little different. I've noticed these types of rules don't result in a lot of entries, but I'll take the chance. :)

Theme: Combined Inventory Objects!

How many times have you found yourself struggling with a puzzle only to realize you've completely forgot about combining inventory objects? I know it's happened to me more than a few times. It's always those blasted crazy combos! Who comes up with those ideas anyway? You do!

So this week, draw two or three inventory objects that combine into one crazy contraption or device.

Rules:
- Draw two or three simple inventory objects of your choice
- Draw an additional inventory object that combines all of your original objects
- Resolution: 150 x 150 pixels max., but try to keep your objects on the small end, like 50 x 50
- Colors: Keep the unique colors low, but it's more important that all sprites have the same style

I'm not going to say the crazier contraption the better, but this is a forum activity! Not only are you workin' your noggin' but you're having fun on your favorite Adventure Game Studio based forum! Lets see a bunch of entries this week!

Have fun!

!

Wonkyth

"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"

Crimson Wizard

Evil

Quote from: Scarab on Wed 07/10/2009 08:52:50
I feel it's time to visit an old friend :P

Ah, a very helpful thread indeed! Don't hesitate to use this great resource!

Also, don't stress about what objects to use. It's more important to have fun than to adequately represent a chicken with a pulley. Heck, make a bunch of quick entries, if you like. :)

Crimson Wizard

Oooollright.

An Old Dirty Stinking Sock
+
A Rusty Tin Speaking-Trumpet
+
A Hair-Drier

produce....

The The Murderous Gas Weapon!

real size inventory:

EDIT:  I feel like I am inventing a parody on Arcanum, where you could create weaponry from all kinds of garbage. :p

Wonkyth

A cardboard tube of "Very Hot Chilli", one puffer and some duct-tape!
Put it all together and you get....Pepper-Spray!
...chilli, actually.

Just make sure you don't try to use the puffer for its intended purpose(I tried it once... :P).

It's not quite as cool as CWs idea, but I'm not as much of a genius. :)
"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"

monkey0506

I'm just waiting for somebody to post long-cat but get interrupted by a (gasp!) C-c-c-combo Breaker! :P

Nickel

NsMn

José Luiz

I had an idea and used five items instead of two/three - I hope there's no problem.

Cage - found in a trap in the jungle

LP - found in Cap'n Seenutt's house

Parrot - found in the jungle
(you can take him after giving him some crackers)

Phonograph - found in the trading store

Stool - found in Sol Bar

You have to combine all them in order to get...

... a barrel organ!

Use that to distract the guard (who will start crying after remembering his childhood) and enter the fortress.

The real size of the sprites:

/ / / / /

Bonus: the barrel organ theme. ;D
http://www.freewebs.com/lanesville/MIDIs/Realejo.MID
"L'Histoire est un roman qui a été." (Edmond and Jules de Goncourt)

Scarab

+++=
Jorgen the Midget, who is tone deaf, plus a grenade, plus an awkward schedule, plus a slingshot equals...........................................

A midget called Jorgen with one eye who hangs around in the alleyways behind hotels whose names begin with U on Tuesdays when Venus is in the twelfth house at midnight with a crew cut holding a hand grenade between his teeth while whistling Never Gonna Give You Up slightly off-key.

Take THAT, Tihan :P

One down... 29 pages to go...

Scarab

Nickel

As NsMn is right, and the idea is old, I make another entry with an even older idea.
If it's not allowed to post more then one, take it as a contribution to the glorious community. :)

Iron Bed + Fishing Rod + Very Strong Magnet =

Perpetuum Mobile Percommodum
A very comfortable mobility device with no need for external power sources.

Crimson Wizard

Hehehe  :D that's fun.
Actually I have some crazy ideas too, maybe I'll draw another one too. Or two... too...

Evil

Wow, fantastic entries so far! Lets see some more before tomorrow night!

Crimson Wizard

Talk about crazy things....
Couple of more entries.

==============================
Number One

A Toothbrush
+
An Old Record-Player
+
Bicycle Parts

produce...

The Bicycle-Propelled Dishes Cleaner.
Clean anything fit by size and form using the power of you leg muscles!

Real-size inventory:

==============================
Number Two

A Robotic Carcass
+
A Trilby Hat
+
A Blue Umbrella
+
A "5 Days A Stranger" CD

produce...

The Ghost-Fighting Automaton!

Real-size inventory:

Evil

Looking great! I'll pick a winner when I get home from work, so that still leaves another 10 or so hours left for a few last minute entries! :)

Evil

I was really surprised at the quality of these entries. Everyone did an awesome job!

I'm going to have to give this one to José Luiz. Not only a great concept, but well thought out, in location and possible game function. All of the sprites are consistent, pleasing and believable.

Great job, José Luiz! And a great job to everyone else too!

All in all, a pretty successful Sprite Jam.  8)

Crimson Wizard

*Sigh*, well, it was a nice way to practice crazy ideas anyway.

Quote from: Evil on Thu 15/10/2009 07:45:01
I'm going to have to give this one to José Luiz. Not only a great concept, but well thought out, in location and possible game function. All of the sprites are consistent, pleasing and believable.
I only did not quite understand what is parrot for? :)

IndieBoy

I think the parrot was mean't to be a kind of speaker or something, CW. Nice theme this week. I wanted to enter, but I was struggling to think of something witty.

Anyway, nice entries guys!
Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:55
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk