Sprite Jam (October 15th to 22nd): Cast Auditions

Started by José Luiz, Fri 16/10/2009 03:27:43

Previous topic - Next topic

José Luiz

Sprite Jam (October 15th to 22nd): Cast Auditions

Helloooo, folks!

We had a great Sprite Jam about inventory items; now it's time for characters.

Theme: Cast Auditions

What happens after a game finishes? It's a question that some of us probably ask when the closing credits appear.
Many characters, specially the not-so-important ones, can't take for granted their participation in the sequels. So, they have also to apply for other games...

The idea is: imagine which game that character you chose would apply for.
Examples: M. Trottier as a pirate for LeChuck's crew or Malcolm Corley as a ghost for a new Blackwell game.

Just one rule
The sprite must show the original character in his/her "new" costume; in other words: if you choose the first example I gave, we have to see that it's M. Trottier dressed like a pirate.

I hope it's everything clear - sometimes I feel my written English going down the drain... But if it isn't, there's no problem: I'll answer all yours questions (about the Sprite Jam, of course. ;D).
"L'Histoire est un roman qui a été." (Edmond and Jules de Goncourt)

Mad

A bit on the obvious side, but I just couldn't resist!

So there you go...

"What do you mean by 'It's more of an active part'!?"

Wonkyth

I might give this a try, I could do with some practise drawing humanoids, as they're fairly atrocious right now.
For the same reason, I might not, as I suffer from a bad case of perfectionism, and posting anything I'm not mostly happy with is sorta hard for me...
"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

What if Sam and Max were in an episode of Limey Lizard: Waste Wizard?

Sam and Max, Freelance Space Pirates!

Nickel

After being replaced by a cartoonish clown, Guybrush Threepwood is spit out by the business and becomes a weird wino. After years he meets Vince Twelve in the subway and gets 5 bucks for not talking anymore about the "good old times" and a role in Resonance as a weird wino.

Layabout

I am Jean-Pierre.

José Luiz

Hello, everybody!

Today is the final day of this Sprite Jam, but I'll announce the winner only tomorrow - more or less by this time. So, you still have one day if you want to participate.

(wonkyth, I'm waiting for your sprite, eh? :))

Wonkyth

I wont make it. :'(
I've been learning C++, playing Thief.
Not much time, I'm afraid.
"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"

José Luiz

It's a pity you didn't participate, wonkyth! But I'm sure you'll be in the next ones!

Well, I really enjoyed all entries - they're great! However, I unfortunately have to choose only one...

The Sprite Jam prize goes to... Mad!

Congratulations! \o/

Mad

Hey, thanks a lot!

It's a pity there wasn't more competition, because I thought your idea was really cool.
I would have liked to have seen more entries on this topic...

OK, I'll start a new compo tomorrow, because I'm on the road atm.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk