Sprite Jam: Lexicon Daemonica, 7th to 15th Nov - Winners announced! (see edit)

Started by Kastchey, Sat 07/11/2009 09:01:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Kastchey

Draw an infernal being. It can, but doesn't have to be of humanoid shape - a sexy succubus is as fine as a pesky little imp or even a large floating eyeball with tentacles.

Optional: name your demon and/or give a short description of what sort of havoc can it wreak upon unwary humans.

Have fun!

Trophies:

Wonkyth

"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"

Matti

EdLoen

heheh, I don't know if it'll count cause I've had a couple design sketches laying around for a bit that could easily fit this theme.  Though I did just now sprite it.  Old sketch, new sprite?

This is my Devimp for a fantasy scenario that I have laying around.  It's a demonic breed of the Impish race. This breed uses summon craft wings that are disembodied from their bodies and they have a penchant for human hearts.  While the Devimps can be visceral, they are fairly weak minded despite having the capability for shadowcraft.  Any Spellcrafter with half a skill and the dark will to do so can easily subjugate these creatures.

Wonkyth

Here it is:

This is quite plainly(if you can call it that) a fine example of Evil Little Girl.
The Evil Little Girl is one of the more dangerous demons around, and the number of them makes it even more so!
There is one to be found in almost every neighbourhood, and have also made appearances in various multimedia productions, including(but not limited to): F.E.A.R; BioShock; Firefly; the 4400.

And for a more traditional approach:

An AGS demon.

Edited by mod:
Please, edit your post instead of triple posting, even if you have multiple entries.

Pinback

As I'm working on a horror theme project at the moment I thought I'd throw my hat in the ring with this quick entry.

The Hellspider spinning it's bloody web of doom. Sort of. It's really more of a bloody loop of doom.

Crimson Wizard

Yuck! I hate spiders   :P
By the way, are there any size/colours limits in this competition? previous ones usually had these, but I don't see any in the current rules.

Kastchey

There aren't any :) The sprite should be usable in AGS, but that's about that.

Very cool entries guys, thanks! Keep them coming :)

Basti

The evil Djinn

This thousands of years old ghost lives in a black magical lamp. He can fire laser from the tip of this fingers and so destroys everyone who awakes him and can´t answer his riddles.
The djinn lost half of his horn in a fight with a friendly Djinn.

cuestaluis

Crimson Wizard

Here goes something wicked...

The Demon of Impotent Suffering

Left is "normal" form, right is "combat" form.

Demon of Impotent Suffering torments humans by making them watch miseries and deaths of their beloved while being not able to do anything, and then feeds on its captive's sorrow and impotent fury.
In his "normal" form demon resembles a humanoid being, wrapped in some kind of half-decayed bandage, with his arms bowed in an unnatural way and chained with legs behind its back. When demon has to attack directly or defend itself, it transforms into the winged wyrm.

---------------------------------------------

Also, I am not sure this is allowed, but in case it is, here's a sprite I made a while ago for a parody on "Dungeon Keeper". It is a real sprite for a real project, which is currently postponed.

The Horny's Tea-time

He is supposed to be sitting at the table, hence the pose.

Victor6

Kastchey

Thanks to all those who participated. I'll edit this post tomorrow to reveal the three proud owners of a smexy succubus trophy.

(That means there's still chance to submit a late entry if anyone's been working on one and didn't make it till 15th  :))

Edit: No more entries, so here are the results:
First place, this trophy: and the honor/pain of holding the next competition goes to Crimson Wizard. Your Demon of Impotent Suffering is simply stunning in its gruesomeness. And a nice description there, too!
Second place and this trophy: goes to Pinback. Because this thing really looks like a demon spider. Not that I've ever seen one..
Third place and this trophy: goes to Victor6. Because of awesome details, lovely design and nostalgic SNES-ish feel.

Extra credit to EdLoen for a really nice story =)

Thanks again to all who participated, you made awesome entries. Each entry had something appealing in it so I had a really hard time choosing between them! So good work everyone, and good luck in the next competitions :)

Wonkyth

Crimson Wizard

OMG, I cant believe this...
Please, please, how do I hold a competition? Help, anyone?  ??? ;D

monkey0506

You just decide what the theme will be for the next Sprite Jam and post about it. You can set restrictions on dimensions, colors, etc. Sprite Jams last for about a week. You can optionally provide trophies but it's not necessary. So just go to the C&A board and start a new topic (once you've decided the theme). ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk