Barn Runner 5-3 (New Trailer and Demo!)

Started by Ponch, Wed 31/03/2010 17:56:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch

Tragically posted much too close to April Fools, I'm nevertheless pleased to announce that Barn Runner 5: The Forever Friday 3 is still alive and kicking!

Sure, you've no doubt read in the newspapers or on the interwebs how the next Barn Runner game is supposed to be dead just because it's more than a year late. But don't let those guys on the 24 hour cable news channels fool you with all their fancy "reporters" touting their so-called "facts" and flaunting their store-bought haircuts, giving you around-the-clock coverage about the death of the Barn Runner franchise.

You can't trust the media! The game is not dead.

And to prove it, I'm here with screen shots, a teaser trailer, and a demo.

Junkyard Fun!

Top-down Arcade Action!

Now does that look like a game that's dead? I think not!

You can learn more about this very much not dead game by watching the brand new TEASER TRAILER here. (RAR format. 9.5 Megabytes)

Also, you can download the awesome DEMO GAME here. (RAR format. 4 Megabytes)

So there you have it. Despite all the things you've heard on the news, the game isn't dead and will no doubt be along one of these days.

- Ponch
(I really want to thank forum superstar Paolo for translating all the French you'll see in the demo game. My own French is ear-searingly awful and he managed to somehow turn it into something readable. So big thanks to him for all his hard work.)

Dualnames

Greatness!!!! I can't believe it!!! :D
Also, it's AWESOME! :D

EDIT: I liked "Jump" one of my favorite songs (in fact used it as ending credits on Starship Poseidon)
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Frodo

Ponch

Quote from: Dualnames on Wed 31/03/2010 18:41:26
I liked "Jump" one of my favorite songs (in fact used it as ending credits on Starship Poseidon)

Jump is one of those songs that I'm almost ashamed to admit that I like. My tastes run more towards The Ramones, Motorhead, and the like. But damn if Jump doesn't get stuck in my head every time I hear it. :)

Glad you like the (awesome) teaser.

Also, thanks Frodo. Glad you're looking forward to the game as well. Here's hoping it doesn't disappoint.

- Ponch

Dualnames

Also, to state..two things taht we've forgot. You're killing the guy!!  (It's in the awesome trailer folks, I'm not aware of anything you're not) And for the sake of awards?

At least if you do it, can you make him die by having Mad World - Jules playing on the back. Please?
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Ponch

Quote from: Dualnames on Thu 01/04/2010 04:49:21
Also, to state..two things taht we've forgot. You're killing the guy! ...  And for the sake of awards?

Actually, if you read the fine print, you'll see that I'm going to kill him ONLY if it nets me an AGS award. And since my games never win any awards around these parts, I'd say he's in no danger . ;)

- Ponch

Dualnames

Quote from: Ponch on Thu 01/04/2010 04:54:10
Quote from: Dualnames on Thu 01/04/2010 04:49:21
Also, to state..two things taht we've forgot. You're killing the guy! ...  And for the sake of awards?

Actually, if you read the fine print, you'll see that I'm going to kill him ONLY if it nets me an AGS award. And since my games never win any awards around these parts, I'd say he's in no danger . ;)

- Ponch

I've also had a great share of what will be featured in this game...it's a shame he's dead.  :D

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Scott, I wonder just how much time you wasted on that trailer that you could've spent on the damn game, already.

Mojo Nixon!  I thought I was the only person who ever heard of that guy, or watched him star in such epic masterpieces as 'Buttcrack' and 'Rock N' Roll Highschool Forever' (I'm ignoring his shameful appearance as Toad in Super Mario Bros).  

Make sure you send me regular betas so I can guide your hand towards completion (and Harry Sach toward an imminent and painful demise)!

Looking good, champ.  Just don't shoot the food.

Ponch

Quote from: ProgZmax on Thu 01/04/2010 10:10:53
Scott, I wonder just how much time you wasted on that trailer that you could've spent on the damn game, already.

Actually, the trailer was assembled at work, one frame at a time using MSPaint and Powerpoint. Once all the background frames were done, I brought them home and slapped them together in AGS in a single night before bedtime. The only exceptions are the handful of shots of Prick and Harry cruising through the group of CargoDynes at the end (which are just rooms from the game cut and pasted in with the dialogue changed).

See, that's the the dilemma I have right now. I can't use AGS on the computer at work, but that's the only place I have any free time (lunch break). When I get home to get my sweet fix of AGS, I only have about an hour until it's time for bed. And that's when I have to catch up on all my recorded episodes of iCarly. Days of Our Lives, and Red Eye. There just isn't enough time in the day!

Also, Mojo Nixon is all that is music. After hearing his version of "This Land Is Your Land", no other version will do.

- Ponch

Dualnames

Also to spam for the last time here. God, am I just anxious about this game..

You're featuring famous robots in your games.  And people  have asked Bender (Futurama), it just sprung to mind..Marvin?
Also if anyone's actually reading this post. Do yourself the best gift EVER!! Play the Barn Runner games! Any order! But play the forever Friday parts in their correct order (1-3). I played the rest of the games very randomly, and it was really fun, and come to see that now, it doesn't matter. Fun is still fun in any order!

To sum up:
PLAY BARN RUNNER TODAY. YOU'RE BLOODY MISSING OUT!!!

Intense Degree

FANTASTIC NEWS!

Can't wait for the full version of 5:3 (as all the hip kidz are calling it!)

Also some advice for anyone who has played the games before (including myself)

Spoiler
PLAY BARN RUNNER AGAIN TODAY. ALL OF THEM!!!
[close]

Ponch

Quote from: Intense Degree on Thu 01/04/2010 16:47:03
FANTASTIC NEWS!

I guess I'll have to start calling it BR 5:3 too then. It's important in today's world of MyFace and iTube to let the kids know that I'm still hip and with the times.

Can you dig what I'm saying?

- Ponch

Frodo

Quote from: Ponch on Fri 02/04/2010 03:56:37
Quote from: Intense Degree on Thu 01/04/2010 16:47:03
FANTASTIC NEWS!

I guess I'll have to start calling it BR 5:3 too then. It's important in today's world of MyFace and iTube to let the kids know that I'm still hip and with the times.

Can you dig what I'm saying?
No comprende   :P

But I have to support Dualnames statement:

PLAY BARN RUNNER TODAY. YOU'RE BLOODY MISSING OUT!!!

BLUEKNIGHT38

This is Bloody Awesome Trailer, Demo, and Series.  I even played through this demo, again. 

BR 5:3 will rock.  I guess I'm not a kid since I'm almost 40 this month.  Keep plugging
away at it.  BR 5:3 will rock your socks off.  We all need to learn some patience.  The best things are worth waiting for. 

Ponch

Quote from: BLUEKNIGHT38 on Sun 11/04/2010 00:11:00
This is Bloody Awesome Trailer, Demo, and Series.  I even played through this demo, again. 

BR 5:3 will rock.  I guess I'm not a kid since I'm almost 40 this month.  Keep plugging
away at it.  BR 5:3 will rock your socks off.  We all need to learn some patience.  The best things are worth waiting for. 

You may not be a kid, but are you still hip and with the times like I am? I'm down with this disco thing all the kids seem to be into these days. Staying young at heart is important (especially as my arteries begin to harden).

Thanks for supporting all things Barn Runner, Blueknight38. I hope it lives up to your expectations. (And hopefully, those expectations will be low).

And Frodo, watch it with the Spanish. I get enough of that sort of thing here in Texas. ;)

- Ponch

Justyn

Is it almost done!? I been waiting years. What about 5-4? your site says that episode was due last month.

Darth Mandarb

We made it so long without somebody not reading the rules...

Ponch - if/when you want to post an update let me know and I'll unlock this!

Justyn - read the forum rules before digging up anymore threads.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk