Photoshop Phriday: AGS Cosplay EXTENDED to MONDAY April 26th

Started by GarageGothic, Fri 16/04/2010 09:20:52

Previous topic - Next topic

GarageGothic

What is a Photoshop Phriday?   ???

Photoshopping isn't drawing a completely new image -- It's editing images to create a new image, such as editing one image or combining several images. The contest usually lasts for a fortnight. Also, you don't have to specifically use Photoshop -- Paint Shop Pro, MSPaint, or any other programs can be used. Please make sure your image doesn't exceed the width of the screen.

See this link:
http://www.somethingawful.com/photoshop/

And for other examples, see here:
http://www.worth1000.com/

CShelton, winner of last photoshop phriday, hasn't been around lately, so Questionable has asked me to host this week's activity.

Alright, so this being the internet, I assume you are all familiar with the concept of cosplay (if not, read the wikipedia entry, then google "cosplay fail", have some laughs, get bored, then return and continue reading).

Now, whatever your opinion on cosplay (and yes, excellent, hardly-embarrassing-at-all cosplay does exist), it's easy to see why it's being ridiculed with all those photos of 200 pound Sailor Moons and epic fails in Naruto hairstyling floating around. Yet, from an artist's point of view, wouldn't it be quite awesome if people loved the fictional character you've created so much that they'd abandon all sense of vanity to dress up as them?  But why should this mixed honor of having your creations emulated by 12-year-olds with bad wigs and giant cardboard swords be reserved for anime and blockbuster console games?

This week's mission, should you choose to accept it: Show us the best and worst of AGS character cosplay

Bring on those goth lolita Nelly Cootalots, the frighteningly corporeal Joey Malones, or demonstrate that it takes more than ginger hair and a pair of green trousers to be a paranormal investigator!

To provide you with some inspiration, I jumped into the Delorean, booted up the flux capacitor and zoomed over to WadjetCon 2015 where I ran into this friendly bunch of hardcore TheIvy fans:

Questionable

Ohhhhh- I dig this! This has got to be my favorite comp...

Nice one GG!
All my trophies have disappeared... FINALLY! I'm free!

Vince Twelve

What the...? That.  Is awesome, GG!  Can't wait to play "The Bris!"   :P

Dualnames

Quote from: Vince Twelve on Fri 16/04/2010 20:03:55
What the...? That.  Is awesome, GG!  Can't wait to play "The Bris!"   :P

It's a movie Vince FFS! :D

Seriously wait something from me! Also greatness there GG!
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Chrille

A webcam shot from last year's Gaspop online fan convention. Number of particiPants: 1.

Ok so it's really crummy, a bit selfish and not even made in Photoshop! ;)
GASPOP software
http://www.gaspop.com

GarageGothic

LOL. Awesome, Chrille, good show!

You know, I was SO looking forward to attending the Gaspop online convention, and I had the coolest costume evah! But for some reason the Stickam people banned me - not sure if it was the name "FatWilly" or they saw my fake nose and thought it was some guy showing his dick. Anyway, I went and had my own little con over at chatroulette - good times, lots of fake noses in attendance.  ;D

To the other ladies and gentlemen reading this, I remind you that officially this acitivity ends TODAY, Friday. However, if anybody still wants to enter but needs more time, I'll extend it till Monday.

I must admit it's a bit disappointing only to see one entry so far. Waking up every morning and checking if the photoshop fairy left something under my pillow only to find nothing makes me a sad bunny. So c'mon guys, let the hastily approaching deadline spark your creativity, give Chrille a bit of competition, and cheer up your host so he can spend his money on coke and whores instead of anti-depressives.

Questionable

The Ivy

GarageGothic, you're on the "my hero" list from now on. :D

So much attention to detail! And did you put Helena Bonham Carter's face on Mortia? So rad!

GarageGothic

Glad you liked it, Ivy. I believe it can be considered my first attempt at fan art :)

Quote from: The Ivy on Fri 23/04/2010 16:00:21And did you put Helena Bonham Carter's face on Mortia?

Yup. Well, it's a Tim Burton movie so who else? I expect Johnny Depp will be playing the goldfish ;)

Congrats on the upcoming Puzzle Bots release, by the way!

Edit: Speaking of attention to detail, that Blackwell Reloaded sign has an ASCII image of The Countess hidden in the Matrix-like background - so well hidden in fact that even *I* can't make it out :)

Pixelton

I've missed the deadline by a day...I only just realised after finishing my little pic...oh well.

Please follow our progress on IndieDB!

<a href="http://www.indiedb.com/games/dustbowl-a-wasteland-adventure" title="View Dustbowl - A Wasteland Adventure on Indie DB" target="_blank">Dustbowl - A Wasteland Adventure</a>

GarageGothic

No worries, Mark. It's just awesome to see more entries! And many thanks for curing me of my pathological vegetarianism - I'll never eat anything green again ;)

Questionable is also working on a last minute entry and has asked for a deadline extension. So LISTEN UP, people! The last chance to enter is Monday the 26th. (c'mon it's not like you're gonna do anything important on Sunday anyway, and did you know that photoshopping is a brilliant cure for hangovers?)

*sits down, waiting for the torrent of creative genius soon to flood over us... hey look, a tumbleweed! ,,,@*   ;D

Pixelton

Yeah...I no longer eat anything green...she looks like my ex...

<a href="http://www.indiedb.com/games/dustbowl-a-wasteland-adventure" title="View Dustbowl - A Wasteland Adventure on Indie DB" target="_blank">Dustbowl - A Wasteland Adventure</a>

Dualnames

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

GarageGothic

Dualnames, these gentlemen would like a word with your friend. They've been spending the last three hours playing Texas hold'em to decide who can call himself the real Trilby and who will have to settle for Trilby clone. And for some reason they've all bought the same, ridiculously undersized hats -  some stoner must be laughing his ass off in the back room of the costume shop.

Edit: And at closer inspection, one of them was beheaded in the process! Playing cards is a violent sport. The next-of-kins to David Niven and Barry Nelson will be called in to identify the body.

Edit 2: BREAKING NEWS: MISSING HEAD REAPPEARS. In a surprising twist, DNA tests prove this latest  tragic victim of a card-shuffling-routine-gone-wrong  to be one Mr. Pierce Brendan Brosnan. We offer our condolences to his family and commend them for making him drop that silly middle name.

Dualnames

GG, you're doing this wrong. Here let me show you:

Pixelton

Stee

Can't really add this as an entry since I've done nothing to it, but I find a devoted attendee to the Socko Entertainment Convention!

<Babar> do me, do me, do me! :D
<ProgZMax> I got an idea - I reached in my pocket and pulled out my Galen. <timofonic2> Maybe I'm a bit gay, enough for do multitask and being romantical

Questionable

GarageGothic

Haha, extreme awesomeness, Questionable. Great character choice. I apologize that I didn't get around to posting in your background blitz, but once the creative juices were flowing, that single background involved into a full blown game idea. So hopefully you'll be able to see what I was working on in one of this month's MAGS entries.

Stee, even if the picture isn't eligible for the comp, you still made me LOL. Well played :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk