Dead Pixels

Started by Chicky, Sat 01/05/2010 15:02:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicky

MAGS April 2010 Entry:

Use your wit and dashing good looks to overcome the horror that is a single lonesome zombie.

DOWNLOAD

----

I figured i'd make my first CGA thread, this is a very short game with little to no difficulty and a lack of beta testing, story and animation. Proof that i'm not as awesome as Ben and Calin  :=

Use this thread to post bugs that i will never fix  ;D

ThreeOhFour

I will also use this thread to say how awesome the choice of music in this was, haha. As soon as I heard it I was like "yesssssss  8)"

And also I am jealous of the dude's cool hat.  :(

david

hey great job,
pros:
very natural and funny
addictive music
nice feeling
cons:
verrry small font you chose
sometimes you need to kick the inventory as to how do you know what item you are using right that moment.
maybe too easy for mee  ;D

overall an enjoyable and funny game  :D

why that name for the game?
I don't think this was pixel hunting at all
thank you  ;)

Calin Leafshade

I like it, made me laugh.

More games need 8 foot tall protagonists with hats like that

*THUMBS UP*

If you need any scripting assistence, lemme know.

Baron

Congratulations on a finished game, Chicky!  Your main-character's lovin' belt buckle and crotch bulge made it difficult for me to focus on anything else in the bottom third of the screen (I only found the crowbar after several minutes of play...  ::) ), but eventually I was able to overcome and persevere, etc. etc.. 

Now.... back to Herman Toothrot's Monkey Island!   Wha-pishhhh!

Kweepa

Awesome looking game, with great visuals, and terrific artwork. Nice graphics too!

Quote from: Baron on Wed 05/05/2010 01:24:44
Your main-character's lovin' belt buckle
Isn't that just a zip?
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Chicky

Heh, thanks for the awesome comments! I'm a graphics man  := I can't code for cookies so the whole game was put together with the editor's drop down menu's on my gf's PC in two days. But you all already knew that ;)

Honestly i'm glad you enjoyed it, i promise a lot more work will go into my next project's programming; and it won't be done by me ;)

*edit*

For those who liked DP for what it was, this was my original concept that failed because it was far too complex to code.

Igor Hardy

This earlier background is awesome. What was the story then?

Danman

OK Chicky got some complaints about it. Interface is not really good to me. I really think you should of done a hotspot label. So I could have clue what I am clicking on. But graphics is really good. Scripting needs work. Had my complaint ;) . But besides that. Very cool game I like that comments. Just no sense of direction. Just plain pixel hunting to me.  Good work cant complain that much just needed more testing to me.

I am more of a first person shoot anything you see gamer. So that could be why I complain about pixel hunting. I hope all your future games have such a smooth game play though.

Baron

Quote from: SteveMcCrea on Wed 05/05/2010 01:51:20

Quote from: Baron on Wed 05/05/2010 01:24:44
Your main-character's lovin' belt buckle
Isn't that just a zip?

You wish!

QuoteFor those who liked DP for what it was, this was my original concept that failed because it was far too complex to code.

Wow!   :o  That old background is awesome -I love the atmosphere.  I demand a remake!

Calin Leafshade

Chicky, my man.

Why do you not make this game? It was pretty.

I'm sure anyone (including myself) would help you with the scripting.

I command it!

abstauber

Yay, finally found some time to play and finished this!

the graphics are indeed very good and the protagonist is absolutely great. On the other hand, the game itself is not :P Well, it's still amusing, but pixel-hunting and a missing hotspot label ruin it a bit.

tzachs

Well, the graphics are good, and the jokes were funny (OMG etc), however I gave up on the game when my hand began to hurt from the excessive pixel hunting   :'(

I will play again, though, if you provide a more friendly version, since I do want to see what happens to the zombie in the end.
All that's missing to me is:
1. A hotspot label.
2. Comments on all interactions.

Now I know you said that you won't make any fixes, but it's really not alot of work to make your game a whole lot better...

p.s. I didn't hear any music/sound.
p.s2. Great background for the original game!

joelphilippage

Reminds me of Lima. There's an internet cafe, a chullo, and the music sounds like it came out of a disco-techa. I eventually beat it. An ok game.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk